Although Sakurai has retired his Pictures of the Day for Super Smash Bros, Mario Party Legacy are proud to deliver a community driven series where YOU submit your images for everyone to see! We’re updating EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK! (Please click this to listen to the above in the Announcer’s [not really] voice.)
Use the quick navigation tab to go back to previous weeks!
Week 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80
Here are the rules for our Community Picture of the Day:
- Pictures may be taken from any Wii U or compatible 3DS game, where a character or setting from the Mario series is significantly featured in the game itself – a major cameo would be the cutoff for ‘significantly featured’. Pictures do not necessarily have to feature Mario elements.
- No offensive imagery. Suggestive themes are okay as long as it is in good faith.
- We have not yet decided whether painted images in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will be accepted or not. Photo Studio is most certainly allowed.
- We are currently only accepting submissions through Miiverse, as it provides submitters with an easy way to caption their images. This may be made more lenient in the future.
- Please ensure you include a caption in your Miiverse post. Submissions without captions will probably be ignored, although we’ll do our best to alert you to that fact.
- If you can, try to limit captions to under 200 words. We’re not writing short stories here. :p
- You will need to fill out the submission form at the bottom of this page, by telling us who you are, linking to the correct Miiverse image, and filling out the anti-spam question (this will change over time). If the form empties and page reloads once you’ve clicked Submit, that should mean your submission went through.
- Remember to obey all existing site rules. Do not spam POTD submissions in the comments.
- There is no limit to the number of submissions you may make, however, do not assume that all of your submissions will necessarily be shown as POTDs. Feel free to ask 8B1T or SuperZambezi if you’re in any way curious or concerned at the status of your submissions.
- Featured images are at the discretion of 8B1T or SuperZambezi (or anyone who happens to take charge of choosing at a certain point in time). Not all submissions will make it big, but keep sending them in – you’ll be sure to strike genius at some point.
Check out this guide on captioning and uploading to Imgur.
But wait; there’s more! Smash 3DS images can now be uploaded even if you DON’T have a New 3DS – make sure you update past version 1.0.5, then go to Games and More -> Vault -> Album, choose your image, then select Send -> Post to Miiverse. Send in those 3DS Smash pics, and we might just have Smash 3DS dedicated days!