Nintendo 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Espeon said:
Snowy The Czar said:
Espeon said:
I don't like how they've put the one analogue stick on the left side of the DS, how are left handed people like me supposed to use the stick and the touch screen at the same time.
Use your right hand.

Can't, my right hand is utterly useless for anything that requires even the slightest bit of coordination.
Like button pushing? :(
 
Snowy The Czar said:
Espeon said:
Snowy The Czar said:
Espeon said:
I don't like how they've put the one analogue stick on the left side of the DS, how are left handed people like me supposed to use the stick and the touch screen at the same time.
Use your right hand.

Can't, my right hand is utterly useless for anything that requires even the slightest bit of coordination.
Like button pushing? :(

Just about, I type most of the stuff on a keyboard with my left hand, although i use the mouse with my right.

ON TOPIC: Does anyone know when it's released in Europe?
 
Espeon said:
Snowy The Czar said:
Espeon said:
Snowy The Czar said:
Espeon said:
I don't like how they've put the one analogue stick on the left side of the DS, how are left handed people like me supposed to use the stick and the touch screen at the same time.
Use your right hand.

Can't, my right hand is utterly useless for anything that requires even the slightest bit of coordination.
Like button pushing? :(

Just about, I type most of the stuff on a keyboard with my left hand, although i use the mouse with my right.

ON TOPIC: Does anyone know when it's released in Europe?
They say it might be released in March 2011, but we're not exactly sure.
 
Vipsoccermaster said:
http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interview.html#/how-nintendo-3ds-made/0/0

Here's how they made the Nintendo 3DS...pretty interesting.
Wow the Gamecube could have had the power to create 3D graphics like the 3DS?! :O

Anyway a trailer for Dead or Alive Dimensions was revealed at Nintendo World 2011.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yGrVe_FnCQ[/youtube]
This game looks simply amazing for a handheld. When I first saw it, I thought it was a 360 game. =P I might get this since it looks a lot like the Soul Calibur series.
 
The 3DS will only have about 5-8 hours of battery life when playing a DS game but when playing a 3DS game that number decreases to 3-5 hours of battery life. (Source)
Kinda disappointing but understandable.

And here is the 3DS's box art (Which I got from Kotaku so that's why it says "sexy." :p ).
500x_sexy.jpg


Princess Zelda said:
Vipsoccermaster said:
http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interview.html#/how-nintendo-3ds-made/0/0

Here's how they made the Nintendo 3DS...pretty interesting.
Wow the Gamecube could have had the power to create 3D graphics like the 3DS?! :O
The Gameboy Advance was going to have 3D too but it sucked so they took it out.
 
The 3DS is looking pretty good. I got to see a 3D TV yesterday at Costco (not my first time seeing one), but it had a great picture and wasn't crappy. I haven't seen 3D that great, so I'm dying, not literally =P, to get this when they have it released. I can see the battery life not being that great, but as MLYW said, it's understandable, I mean with all the technology put into it, I can see why it might not have a long battery life. It's a good thing that we can just plug it into the wall and continue playing. =P
 
Nintendo Life said:
Earn Coins by Walking Around With Your 3DS

But what to do with them?

Nintendo clearly wants us to be carrying the upcoming 3DS around with us as much as possible; with the StreetPass feature alone, gamers are being encouraged to take their 3DS systems to the street and see what treats await them simply by passing fellow gamers out in the real world. The incentive doesn't stop there, though.

In connection with the 3DS's built-in Activity Log ― which tracks how many hours you have spent on your precious games, as well as acting as a pedometer, providing graphs and charts which depict your walking habits ― the system will reward gamers with coins based on how far they have traveled on their feet. These coins are then used to access additional content in games.

True, pedometers can be "tricked" into thinking physical walking is being performed, but even cheaters will be carrying their 3DS systems when out and about as there's not a lot of reasons why they shouldn't. Along with the fact that collecting coins isn't the sole purpose of the StreetPass mode, we think (honest or otherwise) Nintendo handheld gamers will be carrying their 3DS systems with them with no qualms whatsoever.

Source

Lol, I think that's a bit silly, but nice. I mean, wtf. Just walk around? Too easy.
 
The following quote is only a rumor so far:

Nintendo Life said:
Rumour: 3DS will be Region-Locked According to Nintendo

Following in the footsteps of the DSi and DSi XL?

An email response supposedly from Nintendo JP Support has dashed gamers' hopes of eventually importing games for their 3DS.

As spotted by a member at NeoGAF, the quoted email originally posted on Korean message board Ruliweb speaks of the 3DS and how it locks out foreign games upon detection, making them unplayable. Roughly translated, the message says:

    There are no Region codes in DS and DSlite... But DSI, DSILL,3DS has Regioncodes... The Region Codes are installed in each games and the 3DS itself. If the codes dont [sic] match... You cant [sic] play...

Nintendo hasn't officially confirmed nor has it denied whether this is true or not, so until it does, consider this another rumour in the lead-up to the machine's launch in the next couple of months. Hopefully, Nintendo will see itself in a position to tell us if the 3DS will be region-locked or not when the preview events take place next week.

Source

This isn't a problem for me, so I don't mind. For some members like madstarr or RHB might be mad if this happens, but oh well. It's only a rumor, so who knows if this will take into action or not.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top