The Suggestion Thread - Improving The Forum

Re last three posts: are we aiming to deter noobs who delete their own topics out of ...noobish behaviour? Or trying to stop bloggers removing topics out of rage? I need more details, since I don't see how I can just do it without understanding the purpose of revoking self-delete topics.
 
H-J カービイ said:
Re last three posts: are we aiming to deter noobs who delete their own topics out of ...noobish behaviour? Or trying to stop bloggers removing topics out of rage? I need more details, since I don't see how I can just do it without understanding the purpose of revoking self-delete topics.
Deleting topics out of rage behavior. Like on two occasions, people got criticism and deleted their topics.

Make that on 'more occasions' if you count blogs. I was just talking about the general forum.
 
Regular members would be able to remove there own topics in there blog still since there the MOD of it. =P

I personally don't agree with this... idk why Ether removed his topic, but I think Maria removed it cuz someone (Matt and/or Aegis?) said something cold on the shoutbox/topic, so Maria removed it, i'm not sure of the full story though, but I think thats what happened. I don't think she should of removed it, but at the same time, she probably had a reason for it, probably not ONLY cuz of the above reason.  I agree with Cook, I felt really bad when Maria removed that, it was not the best story ever, but I thought it was pretty decent. And it sucks she removed it, but I guess until she says something, we don't know the real reason for removal.

On the subject of the members removing topics, I think it should stay, however, if we see a few more removals (pointless removals) then I say "Take it away".
 
Oh yeah, spewing out criticism IS SUCH A VILE AND IMMORAL ACT. SHAME ON MATT AND/OR ME.

And....we could take it away NOW and then not witness butthurt on the forum.
 
Uh, they can just, you know, contact the staff and ASK if the topic be removed. Plain and simple.

 
Squidphin said:
Well uh, most forums I've been to, the standard rule is that a user usually cannot delete even their own topics. If they really needed to delete it, then they can contact the admin/mods, otherwise they will go around deleting topics just because they felt hurt about something.

This and MPF are the only two forums I know where you can delete your own topics.

To me, it's stupid. Just contact the Staff.
 
AejewsReflector said:
Squidphin said:
Well uh, most forums I've been to, the standard rule is that a user usually cannot delete even their own topics. If they really needed to delete it, then they can contact the admin/mods, otherwise they will go around deleting topics just because they felt hurt about something.

This and MPF are the only two forums I know where you can delete your own topics.

To me, it's stupid. Just contact the Staff.
MPF is broken as hell though and has a members rule the place like a wild jungle system though so it doesnt count. : p
 
Well, I just don't know if it's possible, but it would be cool to separate the Forum Games from the Irrevelance Board into a new category so that way I could hide it and it wouldn't be annoying anymore for me and maybe other members from the forum. That way I wouldn't have to touch the Mark Read button too. :p
Just asking.... :p
 
Back
Top