Mario Party 10 was just rated by the Australian Classification Board, giving the title a tame G for General Exhibition. Are we desperate for news? Perhaps, but this rating could tell us a little more about the game’s currently unknown release date.
Let’s take a look back at Mario Party 9 and the timeline of major events before the Australian release.
- June 7, 2011 – Mario Party 9 announced at E3.
- December 7, 2011 – Mario Party 9 rated by the Australian Classification Board.
- December 13, 2011 – New details on the game for the first time since E3.
- March 8, 2012 – Mario Party 9 is released in Australia.
Now compare that to what we have going for Mario Party 10:
- June 10, 2014 – Mario Party 10 announced at E3.
- December 11, 2014 – Mario Party 10 rated by the Australian Classification Board.
Very similar dates indeed. Could this be pointing at a March of 2015 release date? Of course, you have to remember that Mario Party 9 was announced over three years ago, and the landscape of rating dates in relation to actual release dates may have changed. Or this could all be a coincidence, but you can’t stop a site called Mario Party Legacy from diving into even the most minute details.
Mario Party 10 is due for an update anyway. Let’s hope this means it’s not too far away!