Pimp My Forum: MPL Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys it's Xzibit Cook here and recently I've felt like pimping out a forum. And I have decided to choose MPL to pimp out. Since we just made a big change I figured we should get more than a new theme and stuff, we should make the forum more...well...pimped out. How am I going to pimp out the forum? Well I'm picking the designs and my boys (SZ) will put the designs up.


  But for real, this forum is gonna get quite a few neat mods installed in the near future, but before it happens I figured I'd run it down with the members and see what they think. Here's some of my main proposed installments:


Personal notepads for every members to take notes down
Auto refresh to Who's Online page
Back to top button at the bottom of the forum
Allow people to save drafts of new posts and topics
Hover over a board to click it instead of
Let's people access the forum easier on the Tapatalk app on phones like Blackberry, Android, and iPhone and iPod Touch
Staff page button to make contacting staff easier
Top 10 posters for day, week, month on forum stats page
Let you bookmark topics
PSN and 360 mod to show PSN and 360 gaming cards on forum with a BBC code and then your account name
Tagging system for topics (such as tagging a topic as video games, food, etc.)


So what do you guys think of it?
 
Personal notepads for every members to take notes down
I see no use for this.

Auto refresh to Who's Online page
Yes, i've been wanting this ever since I got here.

Back to top button at the bottom of the forum
I see no use for this.

Allow people to save drafts of new posts and topics
Yep, i'm sick of posting a long post and then the topic gets either locked or deleted and the whole thing gets deleted. :p
Hover over a board to click it instead of
Yep.

Let's people access the forum easier on the Tapatalk app on phones like Blackberry, Android, and iPhone and iPod Touch
I'm not sure if a lot of members like using the forum on a mobile device or whatever, but i'm all for this.

Staff page button to make contacting staff easier
Agreed
Top 10 posters for day, week, month on forum stats page
Eeeeeehhhhhh, I don't really think that's necessary

Let you bookmark topics
Yes

PSN and 360 mod to show PSN and 360 gaming cards on forum with a BBC code and then your account name
There's a mod for this? WE MUST HAVE THIS!!!!!

Tagging system for topics (such as tagging a topic as video games, food, etc.)
I don't think that's necessary either. =P

Overall, nice ideas. I like most of them  O0
 
newintopicviewgb1.jpg


This thing right?
 
I actually hate that giant box that takes up space. Use that mod instead.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top