Mario Party 10

CamTro A. Savira said:
cookieboy17 said:
Vipsoccermaster said:
VooDu said:
Factsheet:
14kgobm.png
There was also some pictures and stuff but I couldn't get it all on the photo.

Images:
2lm6qyt.png


35bdz4x.png


mmy05f.png
You can use our website for that.

Heard that SZ played this game at E3 2014, but I have not. I will later today, with him, of course.
There's a demo out already? Maybe we'll get a release date for late this year

Um... Most of these announced games come out in 2015... I do think MP10 is along with other too...
meh wishful thinking since my wii u library is 2 games deep atm
 
Dark Boo said:
Wiiboy4ever said:
That's irrelevant. Hudson Soft "no longer owning the rights" has nothing to do with the game's style. The ND Cube iterations of Mario Party receded away from the old style of Mario Party because that's what ND Cube chose to do.

On topic: Yep, it's safe to say I won't be picking this up, just like MP9. It has that terrible car mechanic (or just the fact that it's a Mario game that's being developed by ND Cube), so it's automatically terrible in my eyes.

That is relevant. Note who created that style and such. Excuse you. Many people want the old style back which Hudson did at one point owned. We will not go back to the old style. Everyone complained that they were getting tired of the repetitious iterations so reading those reviews and such, NDCube broke off of what Hudson did in response of the reviewers. If Hudson was there, there would've been a likelihood that MP9 would've been different from what we seen today
Lol, no need to get sassy. I'm just saying that a development team can't copyright a style. I find it baffling that Nd Cube would change the gameplay because of anything in lieu of copyright.

"We will not go back to the old style."
I'm sorry, but who is "We"?

"Everyone complained that they were getting tired of the repetitious iterations"
Way to generalize. There's still a hefty sum of people that wanted MP to stay the same, I'd think.

"NDCube broke off of what Hudson did in response of the reviewers"
You're pretty much contradicting yourself. Did Nd Cube have new style of Mario Party play because they don't 'own' the rights to Hudson's style of play or because of the bad reviews?

 
Wiiboy4ever said:
Dark Boo said:
Wiiboy4ever said:
That's irrelevant. Hudson Soft "no longer owning the rights" has nothing to do with the game's style. The ND Cube iterations of Mario Party receded away from the old style of Mario Party because that's what ND Cube chose to do.

On topic: Yep, it's safe to say I won't be picking this up, just like MP9. It has that terrible car mechanic (or just the fact that it's a Mario game that's being developed by ND Cube), so it's automatically terrible in my eyes.

That is relevant. Note who created that style and such. Excuse you. Many people want the old style back which Hudson did at one point owned. We will not go back to the old style. Everyone complained that they were getting tired of the repetitious iterations so reading those reviews and such, NDCube broke off of what Hudson did in response of the reviewers. If Hudson was there, there would've been a likelihood that MP9 would've been different from what we seen today
Lol, no need to get sassy. I'm just saying that a development team can't copyright a style. I find it baffling that Nd Cube would change the gameplay because of anything in lieu of copyright.

"We will not go back to the old style."
I'm sorry, but who is "We"?

"Everyone complained that they were getting tired of the repetitious iterations"
Way to generalize. There's still a hefty sum of people that wanted MP to stay the same, I'd think.

"NDCube broke off of what Hudson did in response of the reviewers"
You're pretty much contradicting yourself. Did Nd Cube have new style of Mario Party play because they don't 'own' the rights to Hudson's style of play or because of the bad reviews?

1. Was not getting sassy
2. Since you want to fragment a post

"We will not go back to the old style."
I'm sorry, but who is "We"?

This is ignorant since you know what I meant by we. We as in the people and the company itself.

"Everyone complained that they were getting tired of the repetitious iterations"
Way to generalize. There's still a hefty sum of people that wanted MP to stay the same, I'd think.

I'm not generalizing since this was a true fact that was displayed in a rather desperate manner. Also what you think is not up for a clearly factual argument.

"NDCube broke off of what Hudson did in response of the reviewers"
You're pretty much contradicting yourself. Did Nd Cube have new style of Mario Party play because they don't 'own' the rights to Hudson's style of play or because of the bad reviews?

I did not say it was their choice to do so. I was exemplifying the thesis that they broke off due to people's responses. Not a "Oh let's just break here" as you were trying to signify. There are many reasons to why they broke off the chain but it wasn't a simple "OH LET'S JUST GO HERE OR DO THIS" as what you're saying. They looked at the sales of all the games and such and compare qualitative and quantitative information to predict their next move.
 
Dark Boo said:
Yoshiman222 said:
Enjoy new mini-games in classic Mario Party style with up to 4 players*
Classic? CLASSIC?
Nintendo, do you not know what classic is or are you trying to imply something...?

E3 2014: Mario Party 10 - All Four Bowser Party Minigames (with Audio)
LOOK AT 4:33

It says Mario Party but there's no car in that picture compared to Bowser Party which does indeed have a car...
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN....!?
Oh man, if Mario Party is classic mode and Bowser Party is the car mode that would be awesome. I doubt it will though because the beginning of the trailer has the car mode and Bowser doesn't appear to be seen.
 
cookieboy17 said:
CamTro A. Savira said:
cookieboy17 said:
Vipsoccermaster said:
VooDu said:
Factsheet:
14kgobm.png
There was also some pictures and stuff but I couldn't get it all on the photo.

Images:
2lm6qyt.png


35bdz4x.png


mmy05f.png
You can use our website for that.

Heard that SZ played this game at E3 2014, but I have not. I will later today, with him, of course.
There's a demo out already? Maybe we'll get a release date for late this year

Um... Most of these announced games come out in 2015... I do think MP10 is along with other too...
meh wishful thinking since my wii u library is 2 games deep atm

During the Nintendo Treehouse event, when they were playing Mario Party 10, they confirmed that the game is to be released in 2015.
 
I skimmed the thread, so forgive me in advance for reiterating some points.

I was ok with the car mechanic in MP9, because it was a first attempt. If they were experimenting with new mechanics for the first time, I can't blame them either way. If it was a success; Great. If it flopped? Oh well, try something different. The car system had its charms; mainly how all the players had to work out how to mess with one another's progress on the fly in order to succeed.

Player 1 would roll good and get 5 mini stars

Player 2 *could* work to make player 1 lose said mini-stars, but at the risk of having player 3 and 4 ganging up on him.

The new tactics (lack of better word) did bring a refreshing change of pace.

What I really didn't like (and still don't like) is the fact that coins and stars were replaced with mini stars. It took much of the fun out of MP9. One of the major appeals of the series was screwing over the other players to try to stop them from getting the stars and climbing up the ranks. I wanna know why Nintendo is so adamant on getting rid of that system.

I am not blaming the casual crowd for this, Mario Party is by no means the skill-based MLG game. But I can't help but think Nintendo looked at the let's plays of their older games and went: "Hey, let's make this game less frustrating for rookie gamers. That way, youtubers can't see people getting mad at our product."

 
This is sadly the first Mario Party that didn't get me the slightest bit excited. I saw the video "Mario Party 10" and I almost freaked out! Then I saw the car, and it ruined it. I just wish they knew everyone enjoyed 1-8 over 9. Island tour brought back everyone moving on their own and I thought it would be a step forward, but they just stepped back again. :-\
 
Am I the only person who vastly enjoyed 9 over 8 and 7, 8 in particular?

8 felt extremely lazy. I actually had fun with 9, and I enjoyed the differences. That said, I would appreciate a mix of "classic" MP and the new car MP, especially for a milestone game such as 10.

Playable list (my hopes):
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Wario
Waluigi
Yoshi
Birdo
Toad
Toadette
Shy Guy
Boo
Kamek
Bowser Jr.
Rosalina
 
johno1995 said:
Am I the only person who vastly enjoyed 9 over 8 and 7, 8 in particular?

Yes. Mario Party 9 made decisions that shouldn't have been made (Including that car and now the goal is collecting Mini-stars). I enjoyed MP8 & 7 much more, plus 7 had a 8-player mode. As for Island Tour, just a few small boards and the same stupid objective of collecting mini-stars.

For those who were wondering what happened to Hudson Soft, most of the staff that made MP went over to ND cube, which made MP 9, 10, and Island Tour. Everything else was bought by Konami and merged into their company.
 
NintendoFan said:
johno1995 said:
Am I the only person who vastly enjoyed 9 over 8 and 7, 8 in particular?

Yes. Mario Party 9 made decisions that shouldn't have been made (Including that car and now the goal is collecting Mini-stars). I enjoyed MP8 & 7 much more, plus 7 had a 8-player mode. As for Island Tour, just a few small boards and the same stupid objective of collecting mini-stars.

For those who were wondering what happened to Hudson Soft, most of the staff that made MP went over to ND cube, which made MP 9, 10, and Island Tour. Everything else was bought by Konami and merged into their company.

"Yes"? I'm sure I'm not the only one...

I think Mario Party 9 was fun, my family and friends and I enjoyed it together. 8 was definitely the worst Mario Party by far imo - terrible graphics, presentation and controls. The minigames were boring. It was just a lazy mess.

But this isn't about MP9 or any other game, this topic is about MP10 and imo what I've seen so far has been great. The minigames look fun and the Bowser Party mode looks like it'll be great for parties!
 
johno1995 said:
NintendoFan said:
johno1995 said:
Am I the only person who vastly enjoyed 9 over 8 and 7, 8 in particular?

Yes. Mario Party 9 made decisions that shouldn't have been made (Including that car and now the goal is collecting Mini-stars). I enjoyed MP8 & 7 much more, plus 7 had a 8-player mode. As for Island Tour, just a few small boards and the same stupid objective of collecting mini-stars.

For those who were wondering what happened to Hudson Soft, most of the staff that made MP went over to ND cube, which made MP 9, 10, and Island Tour. Everything else was bought by Konami and merged into their company.

"Yes"? I'm sure I'm not the only one...

I think Mario Party 9 was fun, my family and friends and I enjoyed it together. 8 was definitely the worst Mario Party by far imo - terrible graphics, presentation and controls. The minigames were boring. It was just a lazy mess.

But this isn't about MP9 or any other game, this topic is about MP10 and imo what I've seen so far has been great. The minigames look fun and the Bowser Party mode looks like it'll be great for parties!

On topic, Mario Party 10 looks like a OK game. Hopefully ND Cube will make everyone happy and add a "Classic Mode" for those who haven't gotten used to the new version (including me.) I don't like the whole car idea. Something about it makes me have a headache, which is why I still haven't finished MP9.

Off topic, Mario Party 9 (As I stated earlier) gives me a headache. Was re implementing the car idea from Mario Party Advance a good idea? MP8 is a decent game. I think it's a mixed opinion thing. Some people like it and some people hate it. Like Super Mario Sunshine.
 
johno1995 said:
Am I the only person who vastly enjoyed 9 over 8 and 7, 8 in particular?

8 felt extremely lazy. I actually had fun with 9, and I enjoyed the differences. That said, I would appreciate a mix of "classic" MP and the new car MP, especially for a milestone game such as 10.

Playable list (my hopes):
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Wario
Waluigi
Yoshi
Birdo
Toad
Toadette
Shy Guy
Boo
Kamek
Bowser Jr.
Rosalina
The five characters in bold are already confirmed playable. Yoshi is definitely playable, even though no footage of Yoshi were shown. Just the artwork, though sometimes it doesn't mean it may be playable, but Yoshi will be anyway since he's there in every Mario Party game to date.

Mario Party 9 was a nice change, and everything worked good, but it is understandable why everyone didn't like the car mechanic. The mini-games, however, were amazing. Mario Party 8 felt more of a GameCube Mario Party.



I played Mario Party 10 at E3 2014 last week, and the mini-games I played were great. They were executed well, especially as Bowser for the GamePad. All the mini-games were very easy to play, although Bowser's Bad Breath as the one avoiding the flame bars were kind of difficult for me. Maybe I was just bad at dodging them or the player with the GamePad was just good at when to move the fire bars.
 
Back
Top