Mario Kart 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo Life said:
New Elements Planned for Mario Kart on the 3DS

Posted Wed, 04 May 2011 by Trevor Chan

Is this what you were hoping?

With the exact release date of Mario Kart on the 3DS still undetermined, we can at least take solace in that fact that when it does launch, we'll be experiencing a somewhat refreshed franchise.

In an interview conducted by Nintendo Power magazine, 3DS producer Hideki Konno spoke about how Nintendo wants to introduce "new elements" to the game, although further details will have to wait until next month:

    Now that Nintendogs + Cats is done, I've been able to spend more time and energy on Mario Kart development. We really want to bring a bunch of new elements into the game, and I'm really looking forward to the time that I can announce what those elements are. Perhaps we'll be able to talk in more detail at this year's E3 event.

Konno has previously stated that the development team will be looking into ways to balance out the power items in order to keep everyone in the race until the very end. Whatever new changes we'll see in the series, we can be fairly sure that items such as the crowd-dividing Blue Shell will probably retain its place in the franchise's arsenal of crazy weapons.

Source

New events planned for Mario Kart 3DS? I just hope it's not like Mario Kart Wii, either. New events sound promising, but I hope it's not like what we had to deal with in Mario Kart Wii. As for changes, god, I hope the Battle, items and whatever we didn't like in Mario Kart Wii, is not in, again. If they go back to the way Mario Kart 64 or Double Dash, this would please us more. I just hope Nintendo doesn't screw it up again.
 
Vipsoccermaster said:
New events planned for Mario Kart 3DS? I just hope it's not like Mario Kart Wii, either. New events sound promising, but I hope it's not like what we had to deal with in Mario Kart Wii. As for changes, god, I hope the Battle, items and whatever we didn't like in Mario Kart Wii, is not in, again. If they go back to the way Mario Kart 64 or Double Dash, this would please us more. I just hope Nintendo doesn't screw it up again.
"We"? Who's we here? :p

I love MKWII, and as much as the item rape was annoying, it makes the game more crazier, as long as they maintain the crazy fun and balance of items, then I'm alright with more balance. But other than item rape, not much to hate about MKWII, so if they make it like MKWII, I won't mind one bit. Or they could try something more original.
 
I really think Nintendo is going to make tracks/stages of some games in the series like they did in Super Smash Bros Brawl. If you noticed some of the very early screenshots show Wuhu Island as a course which might raise the bar in likeliness that courses with be inspired of Nintendo games. Other than that I can't see what drastic changes they can do.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top