The Unlockable System

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about you guys, but I love a challenge and I love unlockable characters. I remember playing Mario party 6 and the only unlockable was Toadette. I was so excited after I unlocked her, although the excitement soon wore off as there were no more characters to work for. I loved playing Mario Kart Wii because there were 12 mystery characters all with different difficulties to unlock. You could also show them off on Wi-fi, which only added to the fun. :)

An idea for Mario Party 10, would be having a total of 16-20 characters, but just 4 starting characters; Mario, Luigi, Peach and Wario. Only these four would star in the box art and the commercials. Only until 1 week before the release, would the more common characters like Yoshi and Daisy be announced.

It will leave us guessing, who made the roster? Who didn't? It will add fun, while at the same time, have a mystery element to it. We would have to complete certain tasks to unlock our favorites, but it would be worth it as we could show them off on Wi-fi. Mario party 10 will be playable on the Wii U so there is no reason why they wouldn't add Wifi, especially since it is the tenth in the series.

Why not have something different? I'd rather work for them, rather than having most of them staring at me from the start. It could also introduce a new story line such as Mario, Luigi and Peach trying to gather everyone for a party. However, Wario has been employed by Bowser to stop them; etc...

What do you guys think? Do you like this idea, or would you rather have most of the characters playable from the start?
 
chaosshadow123 said:
I think 16 unlockable characters is a really high number when you start with four. I wouldn't mind unlocking 3 or 4 for this type of game, but definitely not 16.

Maybe I did go a little overboard with the number of unlockable characters. Although, if Nintendo did add this feature, they would probably only add it once, so I would want to make the most of it. I just don't like to be greeted with the entire roster at the start of the game.

In the story line mentioned in my first post, you couldn't have many characters to start with. Peach would have invited Mario and Luigi to her castle and then may have wanted to throw a party that Wario, Waluigi and Bowser would want to stop. Daisy would probably be too busy in her own land to be in Peach's castle and Yoshi would be sleeping in a forest. Only when they hear about the party, do they, and the others join the action.
 
Toblet said:
chaosshadow123 said:
I think 16 unlockable characters is a really high number when you start with four. I wouldn't mind unlocking 3 or 4 for this type of game, but definitely not 16.

Maybe I did go a little overboard with the number of unlockable characters. Although, if Nintendo did add this feature, they would probably only add it once, so I would want to make the most of it. I just don't like to be greeted with the entire roster at the start of the game.

In the story line mentioned in my first post, you couldn't have many characters to start with. Peach would have invited Mario and Luigi to her castle and then may have wanted to throw a party that Wario, Waluigi and Bowser would want to stop. Daisy would probably be too busy in her own land to be in Peach's castle and Yoshi would be sleeping in a forest. Only when they hear about the party, do they, and the others join the action.
Well if it's like a story-line, where you're building up a team, that's one thing. Like do something and they'll help you, I'd be fine with that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top