One small detail I really like about Mario Party 3 and 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
In MP3 and 4, you can easily see which items all the players have.
IOvRZ9B.png


This is not the case with the other games in the series. Here's a screen from Mario Party 7, for instance:
kohKr91.png


Here they're just different colored orbs. It's hard to say which items they are and it's kind of annoying.

I've never heard anyone else talk about this, but I do wonder why they decided to do this. Seems like a downgrade UI wise.
 
Personally, I do not see it really as a downgrade at all. I acually like the fact that we don't see the items better, it's because it's a little harder to predict the items unless you are seeing them and remembering them by yourself fast. Plus anyways you can still see them of your own when it's your turn. And it does also looks better visually in my opinion.
 
I think one of the reasons it would become a concern is that you would have to memorize what items your opponents have, although in Mario Party games this usually doesn't become an issue. It only does if, say for example you want to buy something, but just then you remember that your opponent has something like the Grab Bag Capsule (or some other capsule stealer).

...Unless you can see anyone's item set from another menu in the game, then this UI issue is completely pointless aside from aesthetics, aheh. *Rubs my head*
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top