Wow” never heard of this happening to anyone” and i've been playing Mario Party 4 since it's launch and this never happend to me, i guess im gonna have to start playing more MP4 heh heh
I'm pretty positive this has happened to me before. If it wasn't Items, it was Stars or Coins. And you have to wonder what Bowser is thinking when it happens.
But hey, since half the time I can't win these mini games, if I don't have anything to lose then it's better for me in that respect.
I think that this kind of situation already happenned to me on Mario Party 6, where the thing was "If you lose every minigame, you will lose all of your orbs", but no one was having any orbs (including me). So even if it would be a defeat, it would have been pointless. At the same time, I think it let some kind of chance to don't have to lose your things (or simply a minigame for fun, which is... well, "fun".)