At What Point did Mario Party fall apart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get it through your head that change can be either good or bad depending on the gamer.
 
It's hard to say whether the series "fell apart" after a certain few games as some MP titles were enjoyable to me while others were just "meh" or "not that great to me". I personally enjoyed the Gamecube Mario Party titles; however, Mario Party 8 wasn't exactly one of my favourites. However, MPDS was a rather decent inclusion to the series, so I don't think MP8 was the true breaking part of the series to me.

After MP8 there was a notable gap with the lack of new MP titles (though I think that this may have been due to Hudson's fallout). Let's hope more Mario Party games are released in the near future.  ;)
 
Yoshi1999 said:
I have liked everyone one except 9. I dont get all the hate about 8, ya i understand Flimp the chimp, and MC ballyhoo. But other than that, oh and some people are whining about graphics. what was so bad about it? And 9 was just bad, there should ever be car mode in another MP EVER again
The car mode was fine, the annoying thing about nine was the huge luck/chance factor that played in, moments causing you to go from first to last just because a boo touches you.
 
In my own opinion, I'd say either 4+ (that is, 4 and anything afterwards) or 6+ (that is, 6 and anything afterwards).

I swing between liking MP5, and then not liking it, and I haven't been able to pin it down yet.

Still, I didn't like MP8 at all, and haven't played MP9 yet.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top