Shy Guys Finish Last is the fourth Green Streamer level in our Paper Mario: The Origami King Walkthrough. Our level guide also includes collectibles.
The final section is quite simple. As soon as the wind stops, immediately push forward and don’t stop until you reach the end. Save, then pull the tape off the block! Smack the wall in the back to reveal a hole. Head inside!
Inside is a dark room with a spotlight on a sign. Read it and the show will begin! Welcome to Snifit or Whiffit, er, I mean, Shy Guys Finish Last! Win the game show and you’ll get access to the Spring of Rainbows! There are 12 puzzles you can complete, each with a varying number of points. Your goal is to reach 100 points total so you don’t even have to complete all the challenges. Unfortunately for you, the four categories will be selected randomly so you don’t actually have that much of a choice.
Each of the four categories has three difficulty levels that earn a different amount of points (10, 30, and 50).
Alright, get ready to pull your hair out. An image will appear all across the arena. After watching it get scrambled, your job is to return it to its original form. And there’s a time limit. It’s very daunting at first, but there are a few strategies you can use to make it easier.
- Easy difficulty: The one of the canned food party. You only have to worry about rotating here.
- Medium difficulty: The one with the Shy Guy host. Try to align the eyes of the Shy Guy first as they are the easiest to match with the image in the center of the arena.
- Hard difficulty: The one of Overlook Mountain.
Race ‘n’ Place
Watch a Koopa Troopa, Ninji, Shy Guy, and Goomba race. Take note of what happens at the end when they cross the finish line. Afterwards you’ll be tasked with answering a question and placing the correct character into the highlighted area.
- Easy difficulty: Try to remember which character got first place.
- Medium difficulty: Remember who got second, third, and fourth. The question will call for one of these.
- Hard difficulty: Remember the exact finishing order from first to last.
A Ninji is placed in the arena among other characters. Identical boxes are placed on the characters and the panels begin to shuffle. Keep an eye on the Ninji and once the shuffling is done, move the Ninji into the blue highlighted area.
- Easy difficulty: Just keep an eye on a single Ninji.
- Medium difficulty: Gotta watch two Ninijs for this one.
- Hard difficulty: Try to manage all four Ninjis as they are shuffled around. It’s actually easier to keep track of the two other characters instead of the four Ninjis. Just remember the bad ones at the end and don’t use ’em!
A game of counting. The goal is to keep track of the number of Goombas inside the bath. Some will enter, others will leave. Add and subtract to your total and remember the number when the round comes to an end! In the arena you’ll have to form a four panel equation to show the answer. This means that if the answer is 17, you’ll have to line a row up that looks like this: 16+1.
- Easy difficulty: Pretty standard. Some Goombas go in, some go out.
- Medium difficulty: Same as easy but faster. Still no fog.
- Hard difficulty: Steam covers the bath so you’ll have to keep track of the number of Goombas without actually seeing them in the bath. Add and subtract out loud!
This is SUPER CHEAP but if you’re struggling hard, you can always hit the Home button for extra time to think, or worse, record a video using the Capture button so that you can go back and watch the event. If you really have to, cheat the system.
But wait, it’s not over! Sudden Death! One more question before you can get to the spring. Mario will be placed in a cannon that’s connected to four switches, each with a different color and letter. Your goal is to create a path for Olivia so she can reach the correct answer.
One of three songs you’ve heard previously in your adventure will appear on screen and play. One word from the lyrics will be removed and it’s your job to figure out the missing word. Thankfully, the same word is removed each time so if you’re not sure, just take a look at the answers below:
- Happy & Sappy: B (Burly)
- Go with the Flow: A (Sculler)
- My Heart’s a-Burnin’: D (Aflame)
Answer correctly and you’ll earn a collectible treasure! And you’ll be able to head to the Spring of Rainbows!
Head back to our Spring of Rainbows guide for more on finishing the level and fighting the Boss Sumo Bro.
Use the links below to jump to different sections of our guide.
|Paper Mario: The Origami King
|Toad Locations||Not Bottomless Holes|
|Treasures & Trophies||Question Blocks|
|Accessories List||Heart Locations|
|Boss Guide||Unlockables & Secrets