It's been a long time ever since I came here in January 2008. There has been many positives and negatives about me and the forum throughout the time. I'm glad that I had been part of the staff, but the time has come for me to resign, because I think the forum will be in a better state (I hope) without me helping out forum-wise.
When I came here in January 2008, I wanted to help out around the forum, yet SZ left soon after because we didn't realize that Lent started so early, on Wednesday, February 6, 2008, of which threw us off. Easter coming early can be fun, sure, but not for the forum, no. SZ didn't appoint anyone to staff the forum, so we (mainly me, H-J, and yoshi_7 [Tovarisch]) all spammed the forum up to prevent it from being purged. Wrong way to start off a forum, which could forshadowed all this. Following that, I met a member on GameFAQs whose name was Snowy620, and he happened to have an AIM account, so I talked to him there and led him here. Then SZ did the most stupid things on the forum ever: A public voting on who should moderate the forum. And while I did rigged it, I got that three week ban with Snowy620 in May 2008. Not a fancy way to start after Easter, no. Things got better over the Summer, but then TT made a mistake which led to three accounts deleted. In the end of 2008, it got hacked twice, and yet I'm worried if it will be hacked again. I don't want it to be hacked. Now, 2009 was a fair year, sure, not that many problems, but Lent 2009 was and Advent 2009, as well. In the Summer of 2009, Glacier Summer was there and I took part with three other members, and it was fun, and yet we won, amazingly. Now, the first half of 2010 has been a bit rough, but Lent 2010 was really rough. But, all this is history, so let's get back to the main point.
I'm glad to be part of the staff, it was fun helping others in need. But it is just not working for me. Because I haven't really done anything that's good for the forum. Maybe few small things, but not really noteworthy. I want to resign because I don't want to see this place being hacked again, which is one of my fears, because it was done TWICE before, in late 2008. I don't want to lose respect or trust that SZ still has on me. I'm making the better choice to resign now, to avoid taking any risky chances. Sure, if it does get hacked, I wouldn't be getting all the hate from SZ. I'm not sure if SZ would restart if it gets hacked badly again, but I don't want SZ gaining on me if it does. SZ has put a lot of respect, trust, and friendship into me ever since January 2008.
I noticed that a few members have left or are in the process of leaving, and I don't want to see more members leaving. I want the forum to be successful, and have discussion about games and stuff. My work on modding or adminning is not cutting it.
There's barely anyone who could replace me, but I don't think anyone has the abilities to do so.
However, I'm still going to administrate the website, doing the polls and couple other things, which should help SZ to focus on the Mario Party content. So, since I am still doing it, I at least need the power to edit the news, because as you can tell, I change the topic, link, date, and moon phase weekly there.
I wish H-J Kaabii the best of luck with SZ on administration, and I wish the best of luck to all the Global Moderators (even Aegis, I'm serious) to keep the spam and other nonsense out of the forum.
And I wish the members to continue posting in all boards for discussion, especially outside of Forum Games.
BUT! I'm not going to resign just yet, as I need to talk to SZ a bit before doing so.
Sincerely,
Vipsoccermaster
Opinions can now commence, especially from SuperZambezi.
When I came here in January 2008, I wanted to help out around the forum, yet SZ left soon after because we didn't realize that Lent started so early, on Wednesday, February 6, 2008, of which threw us off. Easter coming early can be fun, sure, but not for the forum, no. SZ didn't appoint anyone to staff the forum, so we (mainly me, H-J, and yoshi_7 [Tovarisch]) all spammed the forum up to prevent it from being purged. Wrong way to start off a forum, which could forshadowed all this. Following that, I met a member on GameFAQs whose name was Snowy620, and he happened to have an AIM account, so I talked to him there and led him here. Then SZ did the most stupid things on the forum ever: A public voting on who should moderate the forum. And while I did rigged it, I got that three week ban with Snowy620 in May 2008. Not a fancy way to start after Easter, no. Things got better over the Summer, but then TT made a mistake which led to three accounts deleted. In the end of 2008, it got hacked twice, and yet I'm worried if it will be hacked again. I don't want it to be hacked. Now, 2009 was a fair year, sure, not that many problems, but Lent 2009 was and Advent 2009, as well. In the Summer of 2009, Glacier Summer was there and I took part with three other members, and it was fun, and yet we won, amazingly. Now, the first half of 2010 has been a bit rough, but Lent 2010 was really rough. But, all this is history, so let's get back to the main point.
I'm glad to be part of the staff, it was fun helping others in need. But it is just not working for me. Because I haven't really done anything that's good for the forum. Maybe few small things, but not really noteworthy. I want to resign because I don't want to see this place being hacked again, which is one of my fears, because it was done TWICE before, in late 2008. I don't want to lose respect or trust that SZ still has on me. I'm making the better choice to resign now, to avoid taking any risky chances. Sure, if it does get hacked, I wouldn't be getting all the hate from SZ. I'm not sure if SZ would restart if it gets hacked badly again, but I don't want SZ gaining on me if it does. SZ has put a lot of respect, trust, and friendship into me ever since January 2008.
I noticed that a few members have left or are in the process of leaving, and I don't want to see more members leaving. I want the forum to be successful, and have discussion about games and stuff. My work on modding or adminning is not cutting it.
There's barely anyone who could replace me, but I don't think anyone has the abilities to do so.
However, I'm still going to administrate the website, doing the polls and couple other things, which should help SZ to focus on the Mario Party content. So, since I am still doing it, I at least need the power to edit the news, because as you can tell, I change the topic, link, date, and moon phase weekly there.
I wish H-J Kaabii the best of luck with SZ on administration, and I wish the best of luck to all the Global Moderators (even Aegis, I'm serious) to keep the spam and other nonsense out of the forum.
And I wish the members to continue posting in all boards for discussion, especially outside of Forum Games.
BUT! I'm not going to resign just yet, as I need to talk to SZ a bit before doing so.
Sincerely,
Vipsoccermaster
Opinions can now commence, especially from SuperZambezi.