The Suggestion Thread - Improving The Forum

8B1T said:
Timmy said:
Is it possible for there to be like a "View conversation" button on member's profiles so you can ONLY see the messages between you and another member/X member and X member? It would be a lot easier to keep track of conversations through Profile messages. :p

With regards to profile comments or...?

@Mr Malcolm - don't worry staff are working on it :p
Yes, profile comments.
 
Timmy said:
8B1T said:
Timmy said:
Is it possible for there to be like a "View conversation" button on member's profiles so you can ONLY see the messages between you and another member/X member and X member? It would be a lot easier to keep track of conversations through Profile messages. :p
With regards to profile comments or...?
Yes, profile comments.

That would probably need a new mod, I'm not sure on how the profile comments system works with UP but it's certainly not threaded.

Polar said:
I think that the Website Team should be listed on the Staff page.
Will check with the Staff on that.
 
Vipsoccermaster said:
^Speaking of the Staff Team page, is it necessary to have duplicates of the same member in more than one group? Like, there's SpiderStaryu in both Admin and The Lost Levels, and Dark Boo in both Global Moderator and The Lost Levels. Doubt duplicates are necessary, it clutters the page up a bit.
No, we're not removing that.

VIP, it shows that THAT specific person is in that group. If we're not in it, people will think Lost Levels consists of just 2 people when it's displayed. It is necessary, it's not "clutter" at all.
 
Dark Boo said:
DeadlyxImpulse said:
Change the shoutbox to a chatbox because its more responsive and you can do more stuff. 8)

I think it will be better if we have the IM chat back
And you are right about that shoutbox to chatbox
At times I even get errors (The OoT ACCESS DENIED sound effect)

Lmao, i don't even get those. I usually have to keep refreshing the page to see what people have wrote and it gets rather annoying, it is also the reason why i barely talk.
 
Glaceon said:
IM is a must. I miss it. I'm fine with the shoutbox
I think it would indeed be something awesome to make return! But if I remembered carefully, it was disrupting the forum condition with this instant chat... but I am also agreed to say that it's a must because it's something really awesome and useful for a forum and this thing can make my time more enjoyable on the forum too. Basically, I would really like to have it back and hope there's a way to put the forum more stable for this.
 
While we would like the IM system to be back, wasn't that the reason why some members get locked out because they are sending too much information within the servers and then blocking the firewalls, making it seem that member looking a bad one? I had this issue twice this year, early in the year, before Mario Party 9 got released.

As for the Shoutbox change, I remember we did that once, the members didn't like the way it worked. Unless there's a new form of a shoutbox that would appeal to everyone.
 
About these locked things, it's somewhat true, but maybe with some ajustements... it could be better, right?  (I just hope that if this thing is around again, it won't do the same thing...) Anyways I remembered that this mod have passed his beta stage because a release candidate mod was released a few months ago (since I am following a few things about these kind of things), which might surely give a better chance... maybe with that or by fixing a few things around the forum...? But it's all at the discretion of the staff here!
 
503s I think might be related to momentary overload spikes. I had one trying to access the forum I think yesterday.

SA Chat has been updated to RC1 as Maxime said, but I'm not sure if it's necessarily optimized since last time (need to check changelog). It's cool and all but might stress the CPU load, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try to get running again...?

As for IP lockout issues, I'm not too sure if we could ask the host to whitelist the IPs to begin with. It's not something we can control at a subdomain level anyways.

As resource intensive as AJAX is it seems to be everyone's favorite shout method.
 
I am not sure if other staff could check that again, or if they have time, but I am wondering if it would be possible to make the instant chat run again because it's a really interesting feature and it was unique for a forum like this one plus it's better to instant message friends on the forum that way (as well as how it's private too.) Do you think it's possible with that Release Candidate 1 mod? Or it would be too much again? Or maybe you keep it for later? I definitely care about seeing that again as I totally miss it. (At least, the shoutbox problem is solved.) However, I hope that it will not be wrong for the forum ressources.

I also have another idea, because of how there are some moments where hardly anything happen at some moments.

Well, I think that an unique thing that the forum and website do have are these interesting activities and topics, although I do know that these doesn't happen really often. I think I do have a suggestion of doing more of these which are Mario-wise to make the forum more active and interesting to be on. What do you think? (Not sure if there's a lot of time for this or even if it's a good idea, but at least, I'm trying.)

Also, I could see if I could imply myself more to do some things around.

I'm suggesting these for now, so what do you think? (I sincerely care about the forum here and to see it that way without being able to do anything is not good to me, so here's my ideas.)
 
SpiderStaryu said:
I really don't think we have enough bandwidth to handle the IM chat anymore. Bandwidth has been used excessively with all the activity and the website, so I'm not too sure the site can handle it, cuz the IM chat takes up WAY too much un-necessary bandwidth.
That's exactly it. We have been suffering with bandwidth issues since November, and they have been only getting worse (higher viewership is great, but that comes with bandwidth costs). I've already had to purchase additional bandwidth for this month on two separate occasions, simply so we can make it into February.

So right now I'm looking into ways on cutting down on bandwidth. I'd love the IM chat back as well, but it's not something we can do right now.
 
Back
Top