Singing Program?

IDK there's a free program to combine the instrumental and the voice together. Combining is possible if you align them. Be sure to normalize your singing (I tend to spike in the lower end when I voiceover) before combining.

I thought GarageBand was for making music, not providing accomp. >_>
 
FruityLoops mixed with Cool Edit Pro is your best shot. I used to make a s***ton of beats all the time and these never failed me.
 
I'm not sure how aligning the vocal track with the instrumental is silly, it's done all the time. You could use ANY sound manipulating program, even Sound Recorder right on your own computer.
I use Ableton, so if I ever needed to record a vocal track, I would listen to the instrumental and sing along into the mic so both could be separated for later (say, for mixing or remixing).
A good thing to know is using a compression effect on the voice after you've sung it, and to have a good mic. If you're really aiming for something professional sounding, make sure to add a bit of reverb as well (or a lot if you really want to) as it makes it sound more natural.
 
Back
Top