http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/14/rumor-nvidia-tegra-chip-going-into-next-generation-ds/
I heard of it in the same day that it shows on the website, and I thought someone posted something on this, but I guess I would do the honor to do so.
It seems so soon. Much too soon, because the Nintendo DSi doesn't even have a year yet. (well, here in North America it doesn't). Rumor has it, that the next Nintendo Handheld will run with an Nvidia Tegra Chip, the model being Tegra APX 2500. Here are some specs on this chip if you don't know any:
Processor: ARM 11 clocked @ 600mhz MPCore! (Better graphics than Gamecube? Awwssume!)
Memory: NAND flash, Mobile DDR or NOR
Graphics Processor: LCD resolutions up to 1280x1050(HD)
Video Codecs: Up to 720p H.264 & VC-1 Decoding
Includes GeForce ULV support for OpenGL ES 2.0, Direct3D Mobile, and programmable shaders
Output: HDMI, VGA, composite, S-Video, Stereo Jack, USB
If this is true, then it will have:
A. Better graphics than the Gamecube
B. If included camera, up to 12mpxl support
C. Battery life would over-last any handheld system.
Though, I have yet to prove this by asking Nintendo if it's true. But on websites all over the net, it say's that it is.
THIS IS SO COOL!!
I heard of it in the same day that it shows on the website, and I thought someone posted something on this, but I guess I would do the honor to do so.
It seems so soon. Much too soon, because the Nintendo DSi doesn't even have a year yet. (well, here in North America it doesn't). Rumor has it, that the next Nintendo Handheld will run with an Nvidia Tegra Chip, the model being Tegra APX 2500. Here are some specs on this chip if you don't know any:
Processor: ARM 11 clocked @ 600mhz MPCore! (Better graphics than Gamecube? Awwssume!)
Memory: NAND flash, Mobile DDR or NOR
Graphics Processor: LCD resolutions up to 1280x1050(HD)
Video Codecs: Up to 720p H.264 & VC-1 Decoding
Includes GeForce ULV support for OpenGL ES 2.0, Direct3D Mobile, and programmable shaders
Output: HDMI, VGA, composite, S-Video, Stereo Jack, USB
If this is true, then it will have:
A. Better graphics than the Gamecube
B. If included camera, up to 12mpxl support
C. Battery life would over-last any handheld system.
Though, I have yet to prove this by asking Nintendo if it's true. But on websites all over the net, it say's that it is.
THIS IS SO COOL!!