[28 September 2013] Pokémon Community Night

mplcnpoke5.png

In anticipation for the new Pokémon X and Y coming up next month, out next Community Night will feature the current generation of Pokémon!​

What are we doing this time?
We're all going to be simply playing the 5th generation Pokémon games (Black, White, Black 2, and White 2) together. You can challenge the Battle Subway and go for the longest streak, talk about what you've done in your game, or even trade or battle with the others in the chatbox!

When does this start?
The community night starts on Saturday, September 28th, 2013

1:00 PM (13:00) PDT

4:00 PM (16:00) EDT

9:00 PM (21:00) GMT

10:00 PM (22:00) CET

What do I need to join?
Simply visit on this topic when this starts! Make sure you've also got your game in there and be sure to talk about it while you're playing. If you wish to battle or trade with the others, make sure you've got your FC ready to post to the people you wish to battle with.

Now's the time to prepare your Pokémon, I guess. :p
 
I think we should post the clauses on the rules section so that people can choose to battle by these clauses when battling each other, tiered or general matches.

For example, if someone wants to battle with species clause, then that person could say on the shout, "Battle with species clause."

Link to all clauses here.

We should also provide a link to Smogon in case people want to battle in tiered matches.

I'd probably be on Pokemon Showdown most of the time, however. Random Battles, Challenge Cup, and a whole variety of metagames to play through.
 
NitoriAria said:
I think we should post the clauses on the rules section so that people can choose to battle by these clauses when battling each other, tiered or general matches.

For example, if someone wants to battle with species clause, then that person could say on the shout, "Battle with species clause."

Link to all clauses here.

We should also provide a link to Smogon in case people want to battle in tiered matches.

I'd probably be on Pokemon Showdown most of the time, however. Random Battles, Challenge Cup, and a whole variety of metagames to play through.
You can enforce it if you want, but I think it's a stupid idea to just include all these little rules onto the game like that.
Tiers, clauses, and all the likes are a stupid thing to add into this.
...at least that's what I think.
 
One more thing, in case anyone wants to Metronome Battle on Pokemon Showdown, I have prepared a Hackmons team for people to use. Click on Teambuilder, select New Team, select Import/Export, copypaste, and save. To battle with this team, you need to click on a user's name, click Challenge, select Custom Game, then choose this team before clicking the second Challenge. Make sure your opponent knows about this, though. (I used Giratina because of its bulk, enabling longer battles.)
Giratina @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
- Metronome

Giratina @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
- Metronome

Giratina @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
- Metronome

Giratina @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
- Metronome

Giratina @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
- Metronome

Giratina @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
- Metronome

My Pokemon Showdown username: MQDrud
 
-to those wanting to do the online battles
If you guys want to, I'd still recommend showing up even if you don't have the game because there's nothing against talking about the current and next generations of Pokémon as well. :p

Besides, the point is mostly to get into the series so when the new X an Y come out, you're not so rusty. :p
Isn't that why people play for the anticipation of newer games?

...still, would be nice to see many show up.
 
Luigifan3DSGCN said:
NitoriAria said:
Then there was one with Contrary Shuckle but I didn't save the replay of that.
Tee hee hee hee. That's my Shuckle. I had fun; it's great being able to do something like that for the first time, trading a Pokémon online: I got a Cresselia. It was fun even if I was "Pokémon trading under pressure." I can't wait to do this again sometime on X and/or Y!
Umm... I don't think that website has anything to so with the game...

Besides, I'm still trying to breed the Shuckle to get one of a better Nature, with the dream ability as well thanks to yours being female.
I hoped to have done a flat battle afterwards, but you seemed to have left.

...also, I think you kept your chat opened because I heard what you were saying while we were trading.
NitoriAria said:
Then there was one with Contrary Shuckle but I didn't save the replay of that.
Of course you didn't save the one I won with. :p
 
Yoshiman222 said:
Besides, I'm still trying to breed the Shuckle to get one of a better Nature, with the dream ability as well thanks to yours being female.
I hoped to have done a flat battle afterwards, but you seemed to have left...also, I think you kept your chat opened because I heard what you were saying while we were trading.
Glad to see you're enjoying her. Has she leveled up much aleady? I might have stayed for a battle(My team ranges in the Lv.60's), but like I said, my dad was bugging me about preparations for an appointment(These CNs have the worst timings at times...). Speaking of speaking,I don't even remember what I said, other than things like "I'm almost done!" I heard your DS too and hope I don't have to pull out my MiB "Flashy Thing." I'll remember that option.
 
Vipsoccermaster said:
Brookelas said:
Are there gonna be any more community nights coming up? I am hoping for a Dark Moon one this month :p :p :p
Yoshiman has decided that there will only be one Community Night per month now that the academic year is back for everyone.

Ah cool! Even though they ARE on Saturdays... I would like to do a Dark Moon one so much! (Mainly because I have missed the other one xD)
 
Brookelas said:
Vipsoccermaster said:
Brookelas said:
Are there gonna be any more community nights coming up? I am hoping for a Dark Moon one this month :p :p :p
Yoshiman has decided that there will only be one Community Night per month now that the academic year is back for everyone.
Ah cool! Even though they ARE on Saturdays... I would like to do a Dark Moon one so much! (Mainly because I have missed the other one xD)
Oh my goodness! I was thinking the exact same thing! Tried to host the last one, but I have a weekly appointment on Saturday. I would absolutely love to retry!
 
Back
Top