In a similar fashion as last year, Nintendo has revealed their plans for E3 2015. This June, Nintendo will release their newest Digital Event, a streamed news service featuring updates on upcoming titles, developer interviews, and new game announcements. The Treehouse Live event that streamed video coverage all throughout E3 last year is also slated to return, as are the Best Buy playable demos, this time featuring Mario Maker.
New to this E3 is the return of the Nintendo World Championships, a tournament that will see players compete in different challenges from different Nintendo titles. Which games and what challenges will be used have not yet been revealed. Select Best Buy locations will allow fans to participate on May 30, while select winners will move on to the final competition on June 14 in Los Angeles. The final tournament will be streamed live.
For all confirmed dates and times so far:
- May 30 – Nintendo World Championships at Best Buy
- June 14 – Nintendo World Championship final competition.
- June 16 – E3 Digital Event, 9AM PDT
- June 16-18 – Treehouse Live from the show floor.
- June 17 – Mario Maker Demo at Best Buy, 4-9PM
- June 20 – Mario Maker Demo at Best Buy, Noon-5PM