Treese On Games is a Sunday column where Tyler Treese takes a look back at all of the week’s gaming news and gives his thoughts.
Sorry for the long wait between installments, I have been insanely busy but that is still not a good excuse. Since the last installment a lot of things have happened such as MK8’s DLC and Smash Bros. Wii U releasing. We’ll touch on both of those and more in this installment!
- I love the Mario Kart 8 DLC. Excitebike Arena is my favorite track and I love all the new characters that were added especially Tanooki Mario who has the best taunt while doing tricks. I am really excited for the second DLC pack to hit next year!
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Wii U has launched and while I haven’t had much time to play it, I have mostly enjoyed what I played. I love that they brought events back, they were one of my favorite parts of previous games. Other than that the core gameplay is as good as ever and I look forward to playing with you guys (more details on that below).
- Mario Pinball Land came out on the Wii U eShop. I have never played the title so I might pick that up soon and do a write-up on it here. I still need to continue my Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga playthrough so hopefully I’ll have time soon.
- So against my better judgement I bought all the amiibo figures. They look pretty nice but sadly there are not any interesting uses in any games yet. Hopefully Nintendo justifies my purchase sooner rather than later.
- In our Question of the Week feature I asked if you for your thoughts on Smash Bros. on Wii U. If you haven’t given your thoughts yet then do so and maybe you’ll be featured in next weeks!
- My first Super Smash Bros. for Wii U night will be Wednesday from 5-7pm Eastern Time. If you’re not already my friend on Wii U then please post your NNID below and i’ll add you. Mine is: TylerTreese.
Thanks for reading and I hope to get your thoughts in the comments below!