Violet Passage is the nineteenth level of Chapter 4 in Paper Mario: Color Splash. Keep reading for tips and secrets on how to complete the level, along with other cool tidbits in our Walkthrough!
Mini Star #1
Come on back to Violet Passage! Now that the water is colored in, waste no time in getting back onto the ship.
Speak with the captain about finding the Violet Isles, then head down inside the ship. There are number of things to find while you’re down here:
- Day 1 Journal Entry – Behind the cloth on the wall.
- Day 1 Journal Entry – Inside the colorless treasure chest.
- Day 1 Journal Entry – On top of the green crate in the left corner.
- Day 1 Journal Entry – Under the stairs.
- Day 1 Journal Entry – Hit the closed desk in the second room.
- Battery Thing – Under the stairs.
- Compass Thing – Use the opened desk to reach this in the second room.
Head back upstairs and speak with the captain about your finds. Speak with him several times until he asks you if you want to set sail. Say yes, of course, then watch as the ship… stands completely still.
Walk over to the end of the ship and enter Cutout mode. Place a Fan Thing Card in the background to get the ship going. Watch them sing the song, then head downstairs when a leak in the hull appears. Talk to the Toad there, then return to the captain. Once you’re ready, talk to the Toad at the wheel to continue on.
According to the diary notes, there are several steps that we need to take in order to make it across the Lost Sea. Messing up will cause you to enter the fog, forcing you to fight an enemy and ultimately taking you back to the most recent starting point.
To make things easy, here is a quick and easy list of things you need to do to get to the Mini Star:
- Turn left after you pass the smiling Mushroom on the left.
- Score 70 or more points with the cannonballs.
- Hit the Mushroom rocks with cannonballs until you see one with angry eyes. Turn starboard (right).
- Collect 25 coins by shooting the cannonballs from the right. Hit the POW Blocks to get everything it surrounds. Turn right to follow the coins along the water.
Once you’ve done all this, you’ll enter the mysterious purple fog. Head downstairs to find that the Toad patched up the leak and found a flag. Go back upstairs and use the cannon on the right to blast a cannonball into the mountain.
Go to the end of the ship and enter Cutout mode. Place the Compass Thing on top the flag to have it show the way to the Mini Star. Run over and grab it to unlock Vortex Island.
Hit one of the buttons below to jump to its respective page!