Nintendo has released different fact sheets that can all be viewed here!
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 18, 2012
WHO WILL YOU INVITE TO YOUR MARIO PARTY?
Rivals become teammates to battle Bowser in Mario Party™ 9 coming to Wii™
18th January, 2012 – So you thought the party season was over? Well, it’s only just begun as Mario and friends are back in an all-new entertaining family board game as Mario Party™ 9 launches across Europe for Wii™ on 2nd March 2012. The latest instalment in the ever-popular Mario Party™ franchise introduces all-new game modes, battles against bosses and playable characters from the Mushroom Kingdom, making Mario Party 9 a party that everyone will want to be a part of.
The latest addition to the Mario Party series encourages you to think one step ahead of your opponents to collect the most Mini Stars and defeat Bowser. Bowser and his buddies have stolen all the Mini Stars in the sky and it is up to you to achieve the ultimate goal of winning them all back, in order to become the Super Star.
Party Adventure is a new board game mode which rewrites the Mario Party rule book by allowing four people to move through the board in one vehicle. Players take turns as Captain of the vehicle by hitting Dice Blocks to move the party forward, hoping to land on lucky spaces. The vehicles also help to streamline game play and keep everyone involved in the action. New strategies include find the best routes and positions during your turn, while also pushing your opponents into trickier spots. This game mode challenges you to work with and against your rivals to compete in exciting Minigames to get the stolen Mini Stars back from Bowser and restore the shimmering night sky.
Mario Party 9 includes 80 brand new Minigames, accessible to all Mario fans and which will find players making pizzas, escaping haunted mansions, and even racing snowmobiles. When playing on a board, the type of space the vehicle lands on determines what type of Minigame is played.
Boss Battle is a brand new Minigame where up to four players must put their differences aside and combine their powers to defeat a series of classic Mario boss characters to collect Mini Stars, leading to a final showdown with Mario’s ultimate nemesis, Bowser. Don’t be fooled into thinking this is a team game though, while you may need to work together to defeat the bosses, you will win Mini Stars depending on your ranking and the amount of damage you have dealt to each boss. Deliver the final blow for a bonus that increases your chances to win.
New Mini game modes also allow you to play Mini games without having to complete a board, ensuring you can always enjoy the action, as and when, you like. You and up to three of your friends and family can hone your skills at any Mini game in Free Play mode, or try the Extras mode that includes Goomba Bowling and the puzzle-based Castle Clearout.
Mario Party 9 features an array of your favourite Mario characters from the Mushroom Kingdom, as well as introducing a few characters which are completely new to the Mario Party series. Choose your favourite and keep the rivalry between you and your friends alive as in Mario Party 9 you don’t have to play against the computer in multiplayer – in the board game or the Minigames – and choose to play with up to three of your friends.
With a host of new game options, characters and 80 new Minigames to master, all you have to do now is decide when to host your Mario party. Mario Party 9 launches across Europe on 2nd March only on Wii.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 31, 2011
You went to Mario’s last Party and had tons of fun — so much that you thought a gig like that couldn’t be topped. Think again. The guests are all here — and so are the bosses. With a slew of exhilarating new features, modes and adventures that mix cooperative and competitive gameplay, Mario Party 9 delivers fun like you’ve never imagined. Put on your party pants.
Mario Party 9 takes the fun and excitement you know and love from the Mario Party series and kicks it up a notch. For the first time, you’ll get to show your stuff in thrilling Boss Battles. Form a bond with your teammates — but don’t let it be too strong. You’re going to have to work together to achieve a common goal — while showing that you’re the team’s top contender along the way. Play nice with your crew during one adventure, and then scheme against them during another. Just be careful — you’re all riding in the same vehicle as you journey across the action-packed stages. Take turns as Captain of cool vehicles like a submarine, convertible, flying carpet and more. Immerse yourself in the thrill of the game using your Wii Remote’s motion-sensing capabilities as you steer Bullet Bills through races, go bowling with Koopa shells and more. Fire cannonballs at Bowser Jr., and create a masterpiece by shooting balls of paint onto an oversize canvas. With the endless adventures of this new Mario Party you’ll have 9times as much fun as you’ve ever had.
- Feel your adrenaline surge after a lucky roll, high-five your teammates for toppling a boss or double-cross others at the last second to win extra Mini Stars for yourself in the latest version of Mario Party
- Forget what you thought you knew about the Party, and get ready for Boss Battles and tons of new features that mix cooperative and competitive action
- Work together with other players toward a common goal while proving that you’re the best and leading your team to victory along the way
- Hit the road and travel with your party across stages together for the first time, and take turns as Captain of exciting vehicles like a convertible, flying carpet, submarine and more
- Make sure no one is left behind as you play nice or scheme against each other — just be careful because you’re all riding together
- Keep the fun going with 80 new mini games, adventure-filled stages and exciting new game modes
- Shape the game with unique Captain Events in each stage, and tap into extra games like Goomba Bowling and Shell Soccer
- Use your motion-sensing Wii Remote to pilot Bullet Bills through a race course, bowl with a Koopa shell, rotate the dial on treasure chests to unlock diamonds and toss pepperonis onto a spinning pizza (Wii Remote not included)
- Point your Wii Remote to blast Bowser Jr. with cannonballs, shoot paint balls onto an oversize canvas and snare adversaries by drawing lines in the sand
- Tap the Wii Remote’s buttons to escape spooky haunted mansions, run and jump across an array of moving platforms and engage in fierce battles above a fiery magma pit
- Earn Party Points to unlock sweet bonus content
- For 1 to 4 players
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2011
Grab your friends and family and captain the crew to victory!
The party is back and bigger than ever in the Mario Party™ 9 game for Wii, featuring all-new ways to play! For the first time in the franchise, boss battles crash the party and challenge players to compete to defeat a common enemy. In addition, players now travel across stages together in a vehicle towards a common goal – overcoming obstacles, battling bosses, and collecting Mini Stars stolen by Bowser™ and his minions. Featuring 80 new minigames, adventurous new stages, and all-new ways to play that blend cooperative and competitive action for up to four players*, Mario Party 9 is the perfect way to get the party started.
- For the first time in the Mario Party franchise, each stage culminates in a Boss Battle. Collectively, players must combine their strength to defeat classic foes such as Bowser™ and King Boo while still playing competitively to boost their own individual scores.
- In another first for the series, players ride across stages together in special vehicles. Players take turns as Captain of the vehicle by hitting Dice Blocks to move the party forward, hoping to land on lucky spaces. The vehicles also help to streamline game play and keep everyone involved in the action.
- Unique Captain Events on each stage give players a new way to change the shape of the game.
- In Mario Party 9, each themed stage has a clear destination point but with multiple paths along the way, so no two games will play the same. From Toad Road to Boo’s Horror Castle, players will encounter a wide variety of familiar Mario franchise elements in new environments that can be enjoyed solo or with friends.
- Includes 80 outrageous new minigames that find players making pizzas, escaping haunted mansions, and racing snowmobiles.
- No time to play through an entire stage? New minigame modes let players enjoy the action in smaller chunks of time. They can hone their skills at any minigame in Free Play mode or try the Extras mode that includes Goomba Bowling and the puzzle-based Castle Clearout.
- Every time they play, players can earn Party Points that are used to unlock special items and features.
* Additional accessories are required for multiplayer game play and are sold separately.