Our Wet-Dry World stars guide is part of our Super Mario 64 walkthrough and features all seven Power Stars and their locations.
Like every world in our Super Mario 64 walkthrough, Wet-Dry World has a total of seven stars to collect. Six are obtained through the level stages while the final star is earned once you collect 100 coins in a single run. Jump to each of the Wet-Dry World stars with the links below!
- Star 1 – Shocking Arrow Lifts!
- Star 2 – Top O’ The Town
- Star 3 – Secrets in the Shallows & Sky
- Star 4 – Express Elevators–Hurry Up!
- Star 5 – Go to Town for Red Coins
- Star 6 – Quick Race through Downtown
- Star 7 – 100 Coins Star
Star 1 – Shocking Arrow Lifts!
From the start, jump up to the wooden platform and hit the switch. Quickly run and jump across the wooden platforms to reach the multicolored diamond on the white stone. Pass through it to raise the water level, allowing you to get onto the nearby orange platforms. Stepping on the arrow blocks will move you to the next block. Move from block to block while avoiding the electric Amp circling the area. Reach the brown platform and the the yellow block to find your star.
Star 2 – Top O’ The Town
Go up the curved path and look for a big block with red edges. Push the block to the right and use it to reach the brown platform above. Now at the highest level, go left and avoid the Chuckya. Hop onto the wooden beam and walk across slowly as to avoid the Amps. Jump onto the spinning platform and then the orange platform where a yellow block holds a star.
Star 3 – Secrets in the Shallows & Sky
Swim underneath the curved path near the start of the level and pass through the multicolored diamond to bring the water level all the way down. The goal here is to interact with five areas to activate a star. The locations:
- Remember the structure where you got the first star in the level? Behind it is a block you can push. Do so to activate the first area.
- Push that same block to a yellow block and hit it.
- On the first level area there’s a block in the wall, right next to the Heave-Ho enemy. Push the block farther into the wall.
- Raise the water back to its original state, the diamonds are near the wooden platform. In the area where you push the block to get to the highest level, look for an Amp circling a pillar. Jump up to the pillar and hit the block.
- On the same level, hit the purple switch and climb up the brick blocks to get to the top of the metal cage. Hit the block at the top.
Once all five secret areas have been touched, return to the starting area for your star.
Star 4 – Express Elevators–Hurry Up!
Swim through the diamond under the curved path to bring the water all the way down. Walk around the big structure until you can each the first level. Allow the Heave-Ho enemies to fling you upwards and onto the higher level. Do this by having the enemy be between you and the wall you’re trying to go up. Once you make it to the third level, hit the purple switch and get up to the top of the metal cage. See the wooden platform on the edge of the metal cave? It’s actually an elevator. Step on it and bring it down to the lowest level. Quickly jump before it hits the ground, go through the hole in the metal cage, and jump back up onto the other side of the elevator before it starts moving again. Ride it up to the star!
Star 5 – Go to Town for Red Coins
All eight red coins are located in the downtown area. You can manipulate the water level by the way you initially jump into the world’s painting. The higher you jump, the higher the water will be. We want the water to be the highest for this one. Enter the level and swim to the metal cage in the corner. Jump up, grab the top of the cage, and get on the other side. Swim through the entire tunnel until you reach the flooded downtown area, collecting coins to keep your health up. Once there, swim under the tunnel exit to find the diamond that’ll lower the water level. Except for one, all the red coins are hidden inside brick blocks. The red coin locations:
- In front of the steeple of the building in center of the back wall. No brick block for this one.
- In front of the building with the steeple
- Two are on the different ends of the walls surrounding the main plaza.
- Wall jump up between the black and gray building. One red coin is on top of the black building, the other is on top of the gray building.
- Get on top of the short gray building for another red coin.
- Still on the short gray building, face the white building. Triple jump over to the top of the white building for the last red coin.
Star 6 – Quick Race through Downtown
Vanish Cap required! Return to the downtown area. If the water isn’t high enough, you can always use the cannon to shoot yourself into the metal cage. Once downtown, lower the water level and find a blue block to the right of the building with the orange steeple. Grab the Vanish Cap and run all the way around the outer walls of the plaza and phase through the metal gate before time runs out. Once your invisibility runs out, use the metal gate to wall jump up to the star.
Star 7 – 100 Coins Star
Collect 100 coins without dying or leaving a level to earn an additional star. Collect all the coins you see laying around but do keep in mind the following tips as you play. There’s a possible 152 coins to collect.
- Skeeter give three coins each.
- Lots of yellow blocks containing coins in this one.
- There’s a blue coin switch on the first level, worth 30 coins.
- The downtown area has 42 coins. Once you go there, you can’t come back!
Need a different world? Jump to any of the 15 worlds in our Super Mario 64 walkthrough below: