Our Jolly Roger Bay stars guide is part of our Super Mario 64 walkthrough and features all seven Power Stars and their locations.
Like every world in our Super Mario 64 walkthrough, Jolly Roger Bay has a total of seven stars to collect. Six are obtained through the level stages while the final star is earned once you collect 100 coins in a single run. Jump to each of the Jolly Roger Bay stars with the links below!
- Star 1 – Plunder in the Sunken Ship
- Star 2 – Can the Eel Come out and Play?
- Star 3 – Treasure of the Ocean Cave
- Star 4 – Red Coins on the Ship Afloat
- Star 5 – Blast to the Stone Pillar
- Star 6 – Through the Jet Stream
- Star 7 – 100 Coins Star
Star 1 – Plunder in the Sunken Ship
Swim down into the deeper trench of the level and look for the sunken ship on the sea floor. See that eel peeking out of the hole? Get near it and it’ll eventually swim out. Swim into the hole to enter the inside of the ship. There are four treasure chests you have to swim near to open. Looking at the slanted part of the ship, open them in this order:
- The chest away from the trio of chests.
- The upper left chest.
- The upper right chest.
- The middle chest.
This will cause the water to drain. Use this time to quickly swim towards the yellow box at the highest platform. If you don’t make it, go for whatever highest platform you can. This can be frustrating as the non-platform sections will makes you slip. Try using double jumps to get higher up the slope. Hit the yellow box at the top to reveal the star.
Star 2 – Can the Eel Come out and Play?
Now with the ship raised, swim back down into the trench and look for the eel poking out of a hole in the wall. Swim near it so that it starts reacting to your presence but don’t get close enough that you get hurt. The eel will swim out with a star attached to the end of its tail. Try to grab it as it leaves the hole or chase it as it swims.
Star 3 – Treasure of the Ocean Cave
Go back into the deep trench and look for a tunnel entrance near the bottom. Swim through to enter a cave. Run past the falling pillars to find four treasure chests. Looking at the chests from the front, open them in this order:
This will reveal the star you’re looking for.
Star 4 – Red Coins on the Ship Afloat
Collect all eight red coins and a star will appear on the ship. These red coin locations include:
- Three red coins hide inside shells in the more shallow underwater area near the start.
- Dive to the bottom of the deep trench to find another red coin inside a shell.
- Climb the sharp pole next to the pink Bob-omb Buddy to find one at the top.
- Get onto the ship using the platforms on the right side of the level. The first red coin can be reached when the front side of the ship sways up.
- Also on the ship, triple jump up to the higher area for the last two red coins.
Star 5 – Blast to the Stone Pillar
Talk to the pink Bob-omb Buddy on the right side of the level to open the cannon. Hop inside the cannon near the starting area and aim for the spiked pillars on the left. Aim high above the left most pillar and shoot yourself so that you grab onto the pillar. Turn your back to the nearby platform and jump to reach it. Hit the yellow block to reveal your star.
Star 6 – Through the Jet Stream
Metal Cap required! Well, kind of. Now that the ship is off the sea floor, a red grate pushing air upwards can be found in its place. Grab the Metal Cap from the green block on the right side of the level and jump into the deep trench. As you sink to the bottom, manuevor over to the jet stream coming from the grate and grab the star at the bottom.
Star 7 – 100 Coins Star
Collect 100 coins without dying or leaving a level to earn an additional star. Collect all the coins you see laying around but do keep in mind the following tips as you play. There’s a possible 104 coins to collect.
- You may want to do the red coin challenge at the same time as this, you’ll need to collect all of them anyway.
- There’s a blue coin switch inside the cave that gives you 30 coins. Do this first as you’ll have to restart if you mess it up.
- The yellow block at the start has three coins inside.
- Lots of coins on the platforms leading to the ship.
Need a different world? Jump to any of the 15 worlds in our Super Mario 64 walkthrough below: