Traditional Animation vs. Computer Animation (CGI)

Which is the far superior form of animation?

• Traditional Animation

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Computer Animation (CGI)

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
Self-explanatory. For those of you that don't know what I'm talking about, let me show you:

Traditional Animation:
disney-sweeping.jpg

Computer Animation (CGI):
toy-story-by-pixar-thumb.jpg

You get my drift, right?

Personally, I prefer traditional animation, but computer animation can be pretty damn good (e.g. Pixar).

For me it depends on if what they are animating was already in traditional like what they did to Mickey Mouse. Some things just don't look good in 3D in my opinion. I do like traditional better because to that would seem to be more fulfilling because you actually drew that. Yes it can take forever but still the satisfaction is better than if you click and animate on a computer. 

Ryou said:
For me it depends on if what they are animating was already in traditional like what they did to Mickey Mouse. Some things just don't look good in 3D in my opinion. I do like traditional better because to that would seem to be more fulfilling because you actually drew that. Yes it can take forever but still the satisfaction is better than if you click and animate on a computer.
Exactly what I think. :)

Post pump lol. /joking

Anyways, it really depends on the purpose, but I think capturing perspective and everything traditionally gives the work a much richer life than being in CGI. CGI's still damn useful and looks good a lot of the time, but still.

Plus I like animation serialisations more than plastic mould figures. :p

Back