rate Mario Party 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, this is my favorite game of the series...

Pros
+ Brighton & Twila, which introduced the Day & Night System. Loved how it affect boards, cost of orbs, events, scenery, music and in some cases, change rules for mini-games.

+ Orbs was an AWESOME concept, and far better than 5 and 7's Capsules and Orbs respectively. I loved being rewarded because my opponents landed on my territory. XD
MP5's Capsules were just WTF and 7 nerfed/changed some of them, which annoyed me.

+ BOTH boards AND mini-games were spectacular. IMO the only other Mario Party that had this was MP3. =P Other Mario Parties just have only good mini-games, only good boards, or neither. :p

+ Boards were original and had good concepts.

+ Graphics are very good. (Yeah I'm not wordy with Graphics XD)

+ Variety of types of music. Music fits well with the mini-games and board.

+ Lots of replay value.

+ Character Roster was good for me.

Neutrals (Could be good in one's view, bad in another =P)

| Mic Mode. The mic was unresponsive at times, but you could always use the controller. =P
The games aren't really too exciting themselves. Really it's only fun with friends. Though the Star Run (or whatever it's called lol) is Single-Player and decent for getting Stars for the Star Bank.

Cons

- Solo Mode was pretty boring, and didn't actually have anything to do with the story.

- Gathering Stars for the Star Bank can be somewhat tedious.

- You have to purchase Taunts and Soundtracks.

- Snowflake Lake only gave me a Snack Orb if I played with another person. Never got one with just CPUs >__<
(ok maybe this only happened to me lol)

Mario Party 6 is not necessarily my favorite Mario Party for the Gamecube(or in the series, as well), but I think it was okay. A 7/10. Here's some pros and cons.

Pros:
The day/night system was pretty cool. It effected the boards and minigames in a good/bad way, which made gameplay more fun.
Minigames weren't great, but some were pretty fun to replay in the Minigame mode.
Minigame modes were really fun to play. I liked replaying those a lot.
Boards weren't so good, but they were still fun to play at times.
The new items weren't the best new addition, but it was okay, I guess.

Cons:
Mic wasn't so great. I've used it a number of times, and it isn't all that great.

Again, Mario Party 6, not my favorite, but still a good game. 7/10.

PROS:
Day-night.
Some great minigames.
Boards were nice.
Orbs
New characters were enjoyable
Music

CONS:
Mic minigames
Star bank... was almost done and game got reset. Hated it since then.
Clockwork Castle is fun, but frustrating... when I say frustrating, I mean very frustrating... if nothing's going right for you.

9.9/10 = 3rd best game in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back