Nintendo DS game cartrides

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much do you think they can hold? I also want that answer.

I mean, HOW did they fit Super Mario 64 plus added features in that little thing?

And Pokemon too. There are like 496 Pokemon or so, and soon to be 500+....

Also, don't you think Animal Crossing: Wild World has a little TOO much stuff in it? With all of that furniture, animals, buildings, and WiFi support, it seems it's a lot compared to that little thing.

Answer, please?
 
Its a lame excuse of an answer...but...

The smaller things get...the better they are.
 
Well, it has a 512MB limit, even though it IS a flash-type card. DS Cards inside are kindof like SD cards of a 512MB size. As you know, newer technologies get much smaller through time, and the DS Card is part of that new technology. Super Mario 64 and N64 games aren't much like flash cards, but do have a limit of 128MB. The way Nintendo ported the game is simply by taking some of the games' mechanics and data, and sort of "upconvert" to work properly with a DS. SM64 size was 8MB and SM64DS was 16MB due to improving graphics and adding extras. Though, the higher amount of game size, the better quality the images show. Animal Crossing is a 32MB game that may have a lot of stuff, but it's compressed tightly to fit into a 32MB game card. That's why you see a lot of 2-D spriting in trees and stuff, because of the compressed size. When developers begin working with games, they start off with a certain amount of game size and that size is the size theyy stick with throughout development. In reality, flash cards like the DS's don't have a real limit, but virtually they need to be compressed to fit into the card size they started off with.

I think I answered something. I don't think I explained well and I might be wrong.
 
I'm not sure that this rule applies, but i figure it might be like the difference between a DVD and Blu-Ray Disc.  A Blu-Ray Disc is read, as the name implies, with a blue ray(laser).  Becase blue light has a smaller wavelength than traditional red lasers, more data can be "burned" onto said disc with blue light rather than red light, hence, more data can be stored.  I'm not sure how that exactly relates to how much memory it has, but i believe the principle is the same.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top