Metal Gear Solid Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a fan of Metal Gear myself...but isn't that what the cut-scenes are for in video games? I always thought the cut-scenes played out a sort of movie. =/

But, I don't hate Metal Gear, a friend of mine shows me tons of things that do with Metal Gear and I personally wouldn't mind watching a Metal Gear movie.

The games on the other hand seem a bit too bland for me. >.<

Solid Snake makes me laugh almost all the time.

Well, those are my thoughts. >_>
 
Two thoughts.

1. As far as I've heard, MGS4 had a feature-length opening. Since you can stylise something in-game with every minute detail perfectly as the game designers/producers desire, compared to potential conflicts over adapting to film, I don't think the MGS fans would appreciate it as much.

2. Target audience + history of VG movies failing. Sure, MGS is a more realistic series than say Mario, but that doesn't mean it can't fail on the big screen. If they remove any critical element of the game (example, cardboard box), then it won't arrest the niche audience at all. Also, what non-video gamer would want to watch a film on a game that talks about espionage? (Actually, the answer to that is quite a number, but it's not the target audience...)
 
The only video game movie that has passed was the Sonic Anime, and that was only released in Japan, so that's kind of sad. =P
 
Dr. Luigi said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA4cMk1Mx1Q

How would you rate this?

Hmm...it looks a bit interesting to me...

Maybe...I may rate it a 7/10. Its good for a fan-made project that's for sure.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top