Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LW3tYylxHs

Announced at the Japanese Nintendo Direct (Sunday, May 31, 2015)! The fifth game in the Mario & Sonic Olympic series; third game of the Summer Olympics. Takes place in Rio, Brazil. Actual Summer Olympics happens in August 2016. Exclusive to Wii U, Nintendo 3DS and Arcdes. 3DS Release: Thursday, February 18, 2016 (Japan), Friday, March 18, 2016 (North America), Friday, April 8, 2016 (Europe), Saturday, April 9, 2016. Wii U Release: 2016 (Worldwide). Arcade Release: Spring 2016 (North America), 2016 (Japan/Europe).

They just revealed this in the Japanese Nintendo Direct yesterday for Wii U and 3DS!
I loved the London 2012, really wasn't expecting them to make another one though.
Nabbit, Diddy Kong, Rouge and Jet will be playable.

I hope this entry is promising and doesn't suffer from "New Super Mario Bros." syndrome. But from what I see from the trailer, it looks great. I'm so happy Nabbit, Diddy Kong, Jet, Rouge, and Zazz are playable. Finally, some new characters added to the mix so it doesn't become stale. If Zazz is playable, then I would be so happy to play as him with his lanky and crazy personality (almost reminds me of Waluigi and Dr. Nefarious). Anyway, I'm just surprised as to how the Sochi game didn't do this sooner. I hope they add more content. :)

Five Nights At RafalRib's said:
WAIT WHAT?

Zazz is also playable!!!!!! OMG I HOPE HE'S PLAYABLE AND NOT JUST A BOSS! (Sonic Lost World is so underrated! :D)
It looked more like Zazz being a boss, since they would balance it by adding 4 characters, but if that's the case, I expect Rosalina playable.
I hope he's playable, he's my favourite Zeti.

Luigidenne3DSGCN said:
Why couldn't/can't it have been "Mario & Kirby at the Olympics"???
SEGA has the Olympic license, not Nintendo.
SEGA also develops the game, all Nintendo does is publish it.

I can't say I'm into the series, but if this one has something that makes it a must-buy(which there probably won't), I'll get it. But like Dreamy said, I hope to see something that breaks the New Super Mario Bros. syndrome. Zazz is also cool to see, lets us know Sega doesn't forget it's games (ok they can forget Boom).

BossBlitz88 said:
(Ok they can forget Boom).
I've got a better idea: Have the entire universe have the fear of that game drilled into their skulls. Nope, we shouldn't even be having this discussion to save the lucky few who don't know the pain.
Luigidenne3DSGCN said:
Olympic people (and Smash Bros. people), honestly, out of all the game companies to carry your good name, you had to choose *Hurk*...ugh.
Actually this is the only good series made by Sega in these days :p
If only the game didn't reek of such -a branding, I'd be fine (Like, what if it was a competition between Mario & Crew and the bad guys, or something else like that, or a "Mario-only mode"), but I'm stuck here, divided, with increasing levels of game contamination, with nothing else to do about it, except privately boycott and wash my mouth with Banana and Starbit flavored mouthwash. :(

Luigidenne3DSGCN said:
BossBlitz88 said:
I've got a better idea: Have the entire universe have the fear of that game drilled into their skulls. Nope, we shouldn't even be having this discussion to save the lucky few who don't know the pain.
Luigidenne3DSGCN said:
Olympic people (and Smash Bros. people), honestly, out of all the game companies to carry your good name, you had to choose *Hurk*...ugh.
If only the game didn't reek of such -a branding, I'd be fine (Like, what if it was a competition between Mario & Crew and the bad guys, or something else like that, or a "Mario-only mode"), but I'm stuck here, divided, with increasing levels of game contamination, with nothing else to do about it, except privately boycott and wash my mouth with Banana and Starbit flavored mouthwash. :(
What's with you and SEGA?
This series would not exist without SEGA.
Mario would have never been at the Olympics.

Luma Party said:
Luigidenne3DSGCN said:
BossBlitz88 said:
Luigidenne3DSGCN said:
Oh, too many reasons (and bad games) to count, Sir Luma Party, way too many; including barring me from this new game, for one!  :mad:"Mario would have never been at the Olympics." Why wouldn't he?

Luigidenne3DSGCN said:
Luma Party said:
Luigidenne3DSGCN said:
BossBlitz88 said:
Luigidenne3DSGCN said:
Oh, too many reasons (and bad games) to count, Sir Luma Party, way too many; including barring me from this new game, for one!  :mad:"Mario would have never been at the Olympics." Why wouldn't he?
SEGA has the Olympic license, not Nintendo.

Vipsoccermaster said:
Mario & Sonic, not Mario and Sonic, Luma Party. Fix the title (and topic title).

It's a possibility that this game will have online, but if it does, I hope it will be expanded upon. Sochi 2014 had like four multiplayer events for online.
Wow, this whole time I thought that the "Mario & Sonic" was a short form people like me used, not the actual name. XD

I'm pretty sure Zazz is a rival like Dry Bowser or Birdo, not a playable character.

Bowser498 said:
As Mow Wow said, I'm not too fond of this series either. I do have the Beijing 2008 Olympic one (it's decent), but I think it gets boring after a while... Probably not going to get it, even though the footage does seem nice. ;)

The beijing one is one of the crappiest :p You should try one of the others they arent as crappy as that one

Well DAYUMMMMMMMM! I like that one because it was the first in the series and looked interesting in its time...now all these sequels made it a "would you just let it die" series

Back