General Gaming Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

AegisReflector

Well-known member
Cyan Star (5,000 Posts) Legacy User (Gold)
I have been talking with the Staff recently about putting up more General Gaming influence on this forum so we can get more traffic and activity. I was thinking the following board would be added:

General Gaming would be split up into:

-Sony Board
-Microsoft Board
-SEGA Board
-Other Companies

Also, new board additions such as:

-Anime Board
-RP Board
-Deathmatch Board (In which deathmatchies are held and created by the users)

So, what do you think?
 
Really nice ideas, Aegis. It would certainly bring in more activity to this forum.

I also searched this forum, and I saw a thing of the members reviewing video games. It kinda died though...but would it be possible to bring that back into this forum?

I think it would make a good appeal to the forum.(not sure how everyone else thinks)

 
I guarantee that if we make boards like that, more people would be interested in joining. 
 
It highly depends on presence of VGs in the community. I don't mind a split for PSX2/P/3 and XBOX(360) boards, but I don't know if there's a necessity for every third-party to have a presence. That's what Gen Gaming is for.

Re the Deathmatches, could you clarify as to whether this is like Havoc Duels or competitions occurring on online games?
 
MLYW said:
N64 Thwomp said:
MLYW said:
The general gaming board won't work very well considering most people here only play Nintendo games. >.>

I think what Aegis meant is to attract non-members to this forum. One problem though... There are alot of other forums which do the same...

I don't think people will join a Mario Party Forum to purely discuss about Sony though.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say.
 
MLYW said:
N64 Thwomp said:
MLYW said:
The general gaming board won't work very well considering most people here only play Nintendo games. >.>

I think what Aegis meant is to attract non-members to this forum. One problem though... There are alot of other forums which do the same...

I don't think people will join a Mario Party Forum to purely discuss about Sony though.

I've asked if the forum could become a little more separate from the actual website, but SZ doesn't want to go through that just yet.

Also, Deathmatches was just a suggestion since other forums have them, but they are basically fan-made battles between characters, like a Mario Vs. Bowser kind of thing.
 
AegisReflector said:
MLYW said:
N64 Thwomp said:
MLYW said:
The general gaming board won't work very well considering most people here only play Nintendo games. >.>

I think what Aegis meant is to attract non-members to this forum. One problem though... There are alot of other forums which do the same...

I don't think people will join a Mario Party Forum to purely discuss about Sony though.

I've asked if the forum could become a little more separate from the actual website, but SZ doesn't want to go through that just yet.

Also, Deathmatches was just a suggestion since other forums have them, but they are basically fan-made battles between characters, like a Mario Vs. Bowser kind of thing.

...? So, your saying that you want to site to be less about Mario Party, and more about general gaming? ...wow
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top