Fire Emblem Fates

Fire Emblem Fates

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz2LJ-4DDWU

Announced at Nintendo Direct (Wednesday, January 14, 2015)! The next Fire Emblem game of the series. Exclusive to Nintendo 3DS. Release: Thursday, June 25, 2015 (Japan); Friday, February 19, 2016 (North America); Friday, May 20, 2016 (Europe); Saturday, May 21, 2016 (Australia).

More Info

I'm honestly kinda saddened by how this is going.
If you've seen what's happened in Japan, this game will get 2 separate titles, Both being called by the kingdoms of the games you wish to represent.

Meaning you do not get to make the choice. The version you go through is solely dependent on the version you purchase (at least in Japan for now).
However it appears you can purchase the other version of the game for a discounted price, as well as possibly a 3rd and maybe even 4th option it seems.

...and then if you get it digitally you get the version you expected - where you get to make the choice at one point throughout the game. I've heard it's about Chapter 6 when that decision happens - and the stories are the same up until that point. (And maybe the 3rd one as well but idk if that's for certain or not if it'll be included or DLC still...?)

latest
latest

Yes these titles were revealed in the Japaneses Nintendo Direct when we had ours. Why we didn't have it shown... who knows...
Oh and it's supposedly coming out on the 25th of June for them. I hate how they get it early. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=acqCg-TCxJw
(If it's not popping up as a video just say the forum hates me in that regard :p)

Yoshiman222 said:
...and then if you get it digitally you get the version you expected - where you get to make the choice at one point throughout the game. I've heard it's about Chapter 6 when that decision happens - and the stories are the same up until that point. (And maybe the 3rd one as well but idk if that's for certain or not if it'll be included or DLC still...?)
According to how Serene's Forest interprets the digital scenario, after making the choice in Chapter 6, the game locks you into that path, no reverting. (But you can buy the other route for 2000 yen + tax if you went digital)
Also the special edition in Japan gives you both versions of the game AS WELL AS the DLC for Scenario 3 when it comes out (otherwise 2000 yen for Scenario 3)

Also thieves use bows now and Kamui (MU) can use Dragonstones and is classed Dark Prince?? Is he some kinda Manakete or something? >.>

The Shattered Legacy said:
Also the special edition in Japan gives you both versions of the game AS WELL AS the DLC for Scenario 3 when it comes out (otherwise 2000 yen for Scenario 3)

Also thieves use bows now and Kamui (MU) can use Dragonstones and is classed Dark Prince?? Is he some kinda Manakete or something? >.>
I saw that only after I made my post. :p
How thiefs are now locked to bows is kinda strange considering how they've only been able to use sword the whole time, only their assassin class having access to bows - things in reverse this time?

MU I can understand from what I've read though - it seems that Hoshido is ruled by the dragonkin. So they're all basically manaketes, although they also can weild swords, which makes sense in MU's scenario. Personally I don't wana be a dragon, so I'll be fine with just sticking with a sword for now. :p

Also in other stuff I found on there - Dragonstones have ranks now, and apparently all weapons will not break. If you view that one with the thief you saw you can see his iron bow has no limit written on it. Kinda meh, but alright I guess...

Also enemies can pair up as well it seems. They probably won't do the pair up action themselves but maybe if they're side-by-side they'll work together like that. This makes me wonder if there will be actual multiplayer this time as well since enemies can now do everything? that you guys can do.

...so yeah I'll be getting that Special Edition if I can so I can have all 3 options available to me. Yay. :p

Really? Making you charge for the ability to make choices? God DAMN it, Japan.

#dayonedlcmasterrace

Yoshiman222 said:
I think what he means is the two versions of the game, aka the Biggest Choice of the Game.

Yeah, pretty much. I mean, I get they're probably really big campaigns, but making you pay to choose the alternate route? SCUMMY.

What happened to the age of expansion packs? Now it's a race to see how much you can take out of the main game and trick people into paying for. :/

Given how much people allow companies like EA to screw them over with DLC, I doubt it'll be more than an outcry. Probably a bunch of people whining and then buying the game anyway TBH.

"My Castle", a completely new feature to the series, was just revealed during the Japanese Direct.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDQZCZk6l10 https://youtube.com/devicesupport

So from what I can see... you can get shops, buildings, and random things to put in your own "Castle Courtyard" which will seemingly aid you on your quest in the game. You can then upgrade such thing and get better weapons/items/features from each building. There's also some new natural resources you can get through certain buildings, which are extremely useful when it comes to using a lot of the features within the Castle area (and also clothing and stuff you can give to your units).
You can also go into a 3rd-person view from your unit and view how it looks from there.

Also - streetpass features from awakening return - when players appear, you find them in a certain area, where it seems you can do everything you could do with them before (except the shopping feature is most likely changed into visiting the other's castle instead, where you can purchase any weapons/items they've unlocked). If you choose to fight them as well, it'll be an invasion of your castle - all units will attack your buildings and you can fight them back. You can then potentially recruit one of their units possibly...?
Oh, and it seems you can only obtain certain weapons depending on the version you get apparently too...

And then - there's some random features that let you better interact with your units in-game, including a hot-springs, and what appears to be a feature Extremely similar to the Pokémon-Amie in all the 6th gen games so far. Yes, you can pet the units you've unlocked in your game.

Oh and amiibo features have been talked about too - scan in Marth, Ike, Robin, or Lucina, and that person will appear in your castle. You can then fight them it seems, and maybe even recruit them but they are massively powerful. (Now I'm really really mad I don't have a Robin amiibo...)
In other stuff, Phoenix Mode confirmed - when going through the game defeated characters will come back to life during battle.
HOWEVER, additional challenges will be added into the chapters making things tougher to complete them, mostly just completing the chapter in a set number of turns.

Ranged Weapons also CAN'T double attack anymore from a distance. Bows and Tomes are the only exceptions to this rule as they naturally can attack from a distance regardless (not 100% sure about the tomes though).

Oh, and guys can ride a Pegasus now yay lol.

Back