Can we have a moment of silence?

I use 160gig iPod Classic for all my music and then the 16gig iTouch (got the 2nd gen off eBay right before the 3rd came out, so I could have gotten it cheaper if I just waited like 3 weeks :p)

But the iTouch is straight apps and I currently have 651 songs (which is a lot/I didn't know I put that many) that I have for a specific playlist ritual with my Dungeons and Dragons mates.

Yeah, I don't think most people need anywhere near 64 gigs on a Touch. Most people don't listen to that much music and won't have that many apps or games. And for movies/tv shows, there's no need to actually put them on the Touch/iPhone. You can use an app to stream them from your PC or just stream them via Netflix or whatever.

*Maybe* if you have your iPod/iPhone jailbroken & obsessively need tons of games & apps you'd want 64GB. But even on my iPhone (not JB) which has plenty of space, I delete apps I don't use. If I ever want them again, I can re-download them. I just don't like having tons of stuff & not being able to find anything.

Amatatomba said:
Yeah, I don't think most people need anywhere near 64 gigs on a Touch. Most people don't listen to that much music and won't have that many apps or games. And for movies/tv shows, there's no need to actually put them on the Touch/iPhone. You can use an app to stream them from your PC or just stream them via Netflix or whatever.

*Maybe* if you have your iPod/iPhone jailbroken & obsessively need tons of games & apps you'd want 64GB. But even on my iPhone (not JB) which has plenty of space, I delete apps I don't use. If I ever want them again, I can re-download them. I just don't like having tons of stuff & not being able to find anything.
There's an app to stream stuff from the computer?

Yeah. There are several. I think the one I use(d) is called Air Video. It will stream over Wifi & convert videos on the fly so any video format can be played on your iPhone/iPod Touch. You can set it up over 3G but I couldn't get that to work for me. I think it was like $2 maybe. Definitely worth it if you want to watch stuff from your computer on your iPhone without having to deal with annoying converting that takes forever.

Back