Author Topic: Why did you decide to join? And are you glad you did?  (Read 10200 times)

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
What made you decide to join the forum? And are you happy you did?

I joined in March 2010 cuz I was looking for some MP7 info, SZ's videos pop up first, and I checked them out and joined. I never seen a Mario Party site that really interested me like SMPSFII did (yes, I was checking MP sites back in 2009 :P), so I joined and the rest is history. I don't regret joining. :)

How about you?

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Re: Why did you decide to join? And are you glad you did?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012 »
I joined because I wanted to get involved with discussion, and to help out. Joined in January 2008, but then we had a rough year, so we started over. I'm glad that I got to help out at least for the website so I could make the website look very neat, organized, and clean. Also did it to avoid having SZ have too much pressure on doing things all on his own.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012 by Vipsoccermaster »

Offline Treasure Trawlers

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012 »
Vipsoccermaster, being the funny dude he is, begged me to join. I said sure, no harm done. I'm happy I did because I've had some intricate, interesting discussions on here. I don't regret it. Plus, I love Mario Party, and... isn't that what this is about?  O0 O0

Offline morteriser

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012 »
I personally am not sure why exactly I joined. XI

I know that during the middle of summer, I was playing some Mario Party 2 (the original N64 cartridge) since I apparently never unlocked everything. The only thing I never managed to do, was the Mini-game coaster on Hard mode (which therefore implied I couldn't unlock any Battle mini-games). So I manage to finally beat it, unlock all the remaining stuff, and somewhere in there decided to look up something on MP2 unlockables. I was then brought to this website, to which when I found the forum I decided to join.

I don't really do much in this forum however (in terms of activity). My main goal after I joined was to create a Mario Party forum game/activity thing. But then I lacked the time to be able to update it, and while the most active people started to leave the forum and drop the general activity of the forum itself.

Even then, I try to maintain loyalty to this forum. But I still dislike the lack of activity at times, and I can't fix that on my own. :/

Offline Deceptive Dislike

• Silence
  • us 
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012 »
I originally was on YouTube looking for something typing up Mario Party, the auto fill options suggested putting in a 9, and as I did that I saw one of Zambezi's videos and was led here. And I don't know why I would still be here if I wasn't glad about it.

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012 »
I joined after seeing the site/forum being advertised over at GameFAQs four years ago, in I think it was the Mario Party DS discussion forums.

I didn't know exactly what I was in for, but in retrospect I'm certainly glad to have joined :p

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline cookieboy17

• da
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012 »
Like March 08 during Lent. I'm glad I joined. I was always willing to go to other MPF members' sites and help out and this site actually didn't fail so I was able to stay and have a lot of great moments over the years.
rip dinosaur

Offline DeadlyxImpulse

• "Jae Turns Up The Volume"
  • Yerdy!1!1
  • us 
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012 »
i decide to join bez i want to get info on mario party 9. i'm glad that i join mario party forum. 8)

Offline Timmy

• ~Yo-YO, let's GO! PSI Prodigy!~
  • ca 
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012 »
I joined here since the MPDS forum shutdown so I came here and I wanted to discuss about Mario Party. Plus forums cure my boredom :p I certainly am glad I did join :D

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012 »
I joined April (May?) of 2008 I think.

I'm kinda glad I did, really because I met a lot of other people I liked.
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012 »
April 2008, Snowy. We both got banned hours after May 2008 started.

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012 »
April 2008, Snowy. We both got banned hours after May 2008 started.
Ah that's right.

I couldn't remember if I actually joined in April or not.
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline Colyton

• ca 
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012 »
Joined February 2010, there are many reasons. First I was looking for upcoming games on youtube and google, I started searching for Pokemon, Zelda, Kirby, Donkey Kong and etc. I kinda searched for all the series that passed my mind, then came Mario Party and found SZ's video promoting SMPSF. When I came here for the first time I didn't join. The second reason of why I joined and never did, never will, was to share board ideas, I still have them somewhere in my house, so I joined. I'm glad I joined since I met many great people here and I don't regret it at all.

Offline Super Mario Party

• Partying with Mario & Co. 24/7
  • Mario Party!
  • us 
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012 »
I joined after looking at the main site for Mario Party 9 news and wanted to get in the discussions with all you guys. The site looks really well done by the way. I like how everything is and I hope to be pretty active here!

Offline Croconaw

• So I am far less active now.
  • Not too interested in forums now.
  • ca 
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2012 »
Joined yesterday.

I used to have the Baby Time account at the Super Mario Wiki Forum, but the users there started making spam threads, which annoyed me and a few users. So I started trolling them to make them shut up. As they found me more annoying than their threads. I got banned permanently sometime last month. I moved here in hopes of having an account in a forum that does not spam.

By the way, the spam in that forum was like this, in case you're interested.

Quote from: Spammer 1
What happened when (insert name here) cut of his (don't know if "her" was ever used) ear and replaced it with Donkey Kong?

HIS

HEARING

WENT

BANANAS
As this took up space, is very annoying, does not make sense, and is not even funny, it was the reason that the trolling started. Don't worry, unless you guys start spamming stuff like this, I won't troll you. Even if spammers invade this forum, don't join them. The Mario Wiki forum spammed a lot and seemed to enjoy it, so I started attacking them.