Author Topic: Kamek's Carpet Ride  (Read 7950 times)

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
Kamek's Carpet Ride
« on: November 11, 2013 »

"Keep riding the carpet until you stop exactly at the end."

http://mariopartylegacy.com/2013/11/new-boards-revealed-for-mario-party-island-tour/
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013 by SuperZambezi »

Offline Yoshidude1

• A Yoshi
  • us 
Re: Kameks Carpet Ride
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013 »
Huh just noticed that there are 2 ends one to two different places.

Offline IggyKoopaStar

• ca 
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013 »
Yeah, you seems right, I'm sure that's maybe just two different ways to go, which have complete different things. Seems interesting.

And by how it is done, it might be a little difficult if unlucky especially when you need to get the exact number to reach the end. You can get easily trapped by having everything but a 1 at the end!
:ssb4iggy: :ssb4lemmy: :ssb4larry:

Offline Yoshidude1

• A Yoshi
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013 »
Yeah, you seems right, I'm sure that's maybe just two different ways to go, which have complete different things. Seems interesting.

And by how it is done, it might be a little difficult if unlucky especially when you need to get the exact number to reach the end. You can get easily trapped by having everything but a 1 at the end!

This will have people raging.

Offline IggyKoopaStar

• ca 
Re: Kamek’s Carpet Ride
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013 »

This will have people raging.
Especially with this said "button" that seems to change the way others are going. Basically, it's all for the luckiest. After all, is that how Mario Party games works? It's quite interesting to see.

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
Re: Kamek�s Carpet Ride
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013 »
This looks the most interesting theme wise.

Objective wise, it looks pretty lackluster. See how many times you can enter either mansion? Repeat the same path over and over again?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013 by SuperZambezi »

Offline IggyKoopaStar

• ca 
Re: Kamek�s Carpet Ride
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013 »
This was looks the most interesting theme wise.

Objective wise, it looks pretty lackluster. See how many times you can enter either mansion? Repeat the same path over and over again?
My guess would be that there might be either one of those two following things:

Or you should stop exactly at the same "!" space at the end where a path is open or you restart or there's maybe something to continue on. I guess both of those could be possible especially if it does stay on the same map or maybe that the screen below shows the entire map.

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
Re: Kamek's Carpet Ride
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013 »
Looks like an extremely short course as it's about 10 spaces all the way to the end. :P
Also - what happens if you over-shoot the second goal?
...or if you just automatically go into there?

What's even the purpose of this?

As a guess, I'm thinking, you might have to just enter the Orange place to win, so it's not exactly at the end, but close enough.
It also seems like they're nice enough to tell you how many spaces you are away from each place (for all players) and give you cards to control the number of spaces you can travel each turn (by assumption).

Still, I wonder what's with the places being locked, though?
...would you have to get a certain coloured key to go into the areas? :P
And most importantly - how will minigames play a role in this all, if even at all!?

Offline Yoshidude1

• A Yoshi
  • us 
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2013 »
At least the board is longer than we all thought. 10 spaces didn't sound right.

Offline IggyKoopaStar

• ca 
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013 »
At least the board is longer than we all thought. 10 spaces didn't sound right.
Well I also thought there would not be 10 spaces, I said it could be continuing too, so 1 of my 2 guesses was right.

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013 »
I felt like this board could of had so much more potential - having 3 areas for you to go through to complete it, and NOT bringing all the other players with you to the second area... :what:

Disappoints me.

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2013 »
This board looks the most interesting to me.
It'll be the first I play when I get it.

Offline AbsolPowers

• Back to the Classics, one final time!
  • I am about 300% done with you
  • us 
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2013 »
I'd say the board is the BEST of this game... it's pretty fun to play with and since there's technically TWO outcomes to happen on this board, I'd say it's pretty interesting.

Full Super Smash Bros. Signature album HERE Voila!

Offline Yoshidude1

• A Yoshi
  • us 
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2013 »
This is my second favorite board of the game. It has two outcomes and it involves skill which is good in my books.

Offline SirYoshi211

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2014 »
Kamek's Carpet Ride is one of my favorite boards in Mario Party Island Tour, it's right up there with Bowser's Peculiar Peak and Perilous Palace Path in my opinion. I actually like the Kamek themed boards (Yes, that includes Kamk's Library :P) so that's one of the things that I like about this board. For having two sections it is still very short but it's still longer than some of the other boards. The cards are pretty good as they add some strategy when played correctly. Mini-games play a large factor as first place gets to choose their desired card (Which is usually a Precision card). Overall, I find this board to be one of the most enjoyable in Mario Party Island Tour, quite unique but could have used a little improvement.

Has anyone landed on a Kamek space and gotten the events like "Kamek shakes your hand" and "Kamek tells a joke" before? I haven't and I am curious to see if he really does these things or just flees like Bowser in older Mario Parties.
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion