Treese On Games is a Sunday column where Tyler Treese takes a look back at all of the week’s gaming news and gives his thoughts.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Wii U continues to be in the headlines as new details came out this week. These details came from an Amazon.com product description which you can read below:
Whether you’re creating stages on the GamePad, competing in challenges crafted by Master Hand and Crazy Hand, or outwitting your opponents in a brand new board game mode, there’s no doubt that the ultimate Smash Bros. game has arrived.
The most exciting feature for me is that challenges are coming back. I missed this feature greatly in the 3DS version of Smash Bros. as I feel like challenges add a lot of replay value to the single player experience. The board game mode sounds intriguing but more details will have to be known before I get excited about this new offering. I don’t have any strong thoughts towards level creation. I won’t mess with it much but I hope its more advanced than it was in Brawl.
- Donkey Kong Country and Donkey Kong Land games are hitting the Wii U and 3DS eShops in Europe. Hopefully a North American release will soon follow. While I don’t love the Rare developed Donkey Kong Country games I do enjoy them and look forward to replaying them.
- The Master Cycle was announced as Link’s vehicle in the upcoming Mario Kart DLC. While it does look cool I was actually hoping for him to ride a more life-like Epona. I do like the little touches on the Master Cycle like the Hylian Shield on it.
- The Legacy Lookback will be making its much delayed return next week. So be on the lookout for that. I should be able to make up for the past delays with a couple weekly episodes. I apologize for how infrequent the feature has been. It has been very difficult for me to balance all the work I have to do but I feel like i’m getting better at it.
- In our Question of the Week feature I asked what Mario Kart game you thought was the worst. My vote went towards Mario Kart 64. Its the only game in the series that I don’t enjoy playing. If you haven’t already given your two cents then do it now!
- Next week I want to do a special edition of Treese on Games where I answer questions from readers. So make sure you post your questions below in the comment section. It can be about Mario games, Nintendo games, anything gaming related or even stuff outside of gaming. If you’ve ever wanted to ask me anything this is the time!
Thanks for reading and I hope to get your thoughts in the comments below!