New models of the Nintendo 3DS and the Nintendo 3DS XL have been announced. The two new redesigns are simple known as New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL, and both share the same new features. The newest models boast the following additions:
- A second analog knob on the right side of the handheld.
- Two new trigger buttons on the back, ZR and ZL.
- Wider 3D viewing angle, including camera tracking for improved angles.
- Brightness adjustment based on environment.
- Slightly larger screens.
- Colored buttons (Super Famicom!).
- Built in Amiibo functionality.
- Upgraded CPU.
- Additional microSD card slot.
- The ability to place customizable Face Plates on the handheld.
- New 3DS exclusive games.
The brand new models are set to release in Japan on October 11, but it has been confirmed that other regions will not see the new models until next year. Images of the New 3DS:
And a look at the New 3DS XL: