Update: Looks like the update is set for a worldwide release on August 27. Woo!
In addition to the Mercedes-Benz DLC set to release in Japan on August 27, Nintendo is also planning on rolling out Mario Kart 8’s first update on the same day. Take a look at the list of updates below:
- 3 free karts from the Mercedes-Benz DLC.
- A map display will be added to the TV screen.
- Default menu selection after race will change from “View Highlight Reel” to “Next Race.”
- Last kart combination used will be saved even after shutting off the game.
- Ability to edit other user’s highlights.
- A new Records menu will be added, featuring coin total count, online win-loss record, character selection rates, and more.
- Improved online stability.
No word on when this update will make its way to regions outside Japan. Are you happy with the updates? Anything else that should have been added?