First, we’ll have a smash, then finish off with a final Grand Prix before it’s all over…
So what’s exactly happening here?
Nintendo’s servers for Wii and DS games are shutting down within a week from now! We’re going to have to use all the time we have left to play the games you all seem to enjoy the most – Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart Wii!
When does this start?
There will be multiple community nights happening this weekend –
- The first one starts on Saturday, May 17th, 2014 at 1:00 PM PDT (Check your timezones!), featuring Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- The second and final one starts sometime on May 19th, 2014 featuring Mario Kart Wii, though there will be some Super Smash Bros. Brawl matches if anyone is interested.
What do I need to do to join?
In order to join, you must add the Friends Codes of the hosts, which will be put up here the night before each event. Keep an eye out because they’ll be all up at the same time.
Mario Kart Wii
Yoshiman222 – 3182-1509-1636
SuperZambezi – 4812-3387-1834
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Yoshiman222 – 4513-3578-7840
SuperZambezi – 4211-1903-5593
But… what will we do for these games after the server shuts down? I want to keep playing these games online…
Unfortunately, we don’t personally know anyone from Nintendo – we cannot convince them to return the servers. As such, this may be the last time we play these games during a Community Night. However, if you’re so keen on wanting to play after the servers shut down – you’re in luck – there are some people who have been working on their own server to replace Nintendo WFC (Primarily for Mario Kart Wii, but they have included a few other games) after it shuts down. If you want to be able to connect to them once their servers are online, you’ll have to provide your FC for each game to them, in a link we’ll provide right here. If you’re unsure of what to do, there is also a video someone made to help explain how it works and what you should do. NOTE: This is no longer possible; the deadline has come – May 18.
– No cheating, this is just an event for fun, not some kind of competition.
– Respect the other players. Don’t come on just to ruin everyone else’s fun.
– No cheating/glitches, or anything that could break the game unless your whole group is fine with it.
– Finally – have fun!
We’ll be using the shoutbox below for the duration of the community night – feel free to chat with your fellow readers before we begin and perhaps even set up some practice matches while you are waiting. See you all then!