Community Night is coming back with a bang! Join us every other week as we play an hour or two of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. This time around, every gaming night will be themed after a different series and only those characters will be allowed during the event. The bi-weekly Smash events will continue through the rest of 2018, ending (and continuing!) with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate when it’s released on December 7.
Up Next: The Not Quite Mario Night on Saturday, September 15 at 1PM PST
Our first Community Night to kick off the event! The only playable characters to pick from are:
- Donkey Kong
- Diddy Kong
Items and stages specific to the character’s respective series are not mandatory but we may end up implementing some of these rules depending how our matches go.
What do I need to do to join?
For starters, a Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. You’re going to want an internet connection and a Nintendo Network account too. Also time.
We’ll have two main hosts but you are more than welcome to use this time to meet others to play and set up your own matches. It might even be necessary if we have a lot of players participating. The two hosts and their NNID:
We are also compiling a NNID master list in the comments. Leave your own NNID in the comments and we’ll add it to the list.
How do we chat?
We’re doing away with Chatwing and linking to our Discord server instead where a majority of our chats will take place. You can also use the comments here but you’ll likely be missing out!
– Follow the themed rules. If it’s Mario Night, only play as characters in that series. Don’t be a jerk and try to do your own thing. We’ll just end up throwing you out of the room anyway.
– Respect the other players. Don’t come on just to ruin everyone else’s fun.
– No cheating/glitches, or anything that could break the game unless your whole group is fine with it. This includes custom stages where players can’t die (or have an extremely hard time in getting KO’d).
– Finally – have fun!
What’s the schedule?
The plan is to play every other Saturday at 1:00PM PST. Keep an eye on this page in case we need to adjust the time.
The schedule in text form:
- 7/7 – Mario
- 7/21 – Fire Emblem
- 8/4 – Zelda
- 8/18 – Star Fox + F-Zero + Kid Icarus
- 9/1 – Metroid + Earthbound
- 9/15 – Pikmin + Animal Crossing + Wii Fit + Xenoblade
- 9/29 – Yoshi + Wario + Donkey Kong
- 10/13 – Kirby
- 10/27 – Duck Hunt + Punch Out + R.O.B. + Game & Watch
- 11/10 – Sonic + Mega Man + Pac Man + Street Fighter + FF7 + Bayonetta
- 11/17 – Pokemon
- 11/24 – Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
- 12/1 – Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
- 12/8 – Super Smash Bros. Ultimate